Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6278post #94156 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:21pmpost #94157 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bbombers85
Leffot does the same thing. Most stuff is offered up on their site (I like their 20% upfront policy as opposed to AOM 100%), but there are certain makeups that go to their regulars - most of whom are heavy hitting clientele. Guys who drop $10K+ a year on shoes and/or go to trunk shows and order, etc. there's nothing wrong with it. Their consistent base should have that access. Not justifying AOM here, just saying it's not abnormal.
Of course - and I'm totally alright with giving perks to those heavy hitting customers. For example, I would never complain about Mac being offered a shoe/boot over others. This whole scenario with AOM doesn't seem like that type of situation though. I think I've beaten this dead horse enough. I just don't care for that kind of customer service.post #94158 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:40pmpost #94159 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:45pm
Man, this Indy has really grown on me. You know what they say about those stock models...
Don't know how much longer I can hold out.
Doesn't help that I picked these up from the 'Crew after deliberating for a many weeks (Thanks @gosheik )
Which laces do you guys like better?post #94160 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:47pmpost #94161 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:47pmpost #94162 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:47pmpost #94163 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:49pmpost #94164 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:50pmpost #94165 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:54pmpost #94166 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:55pmpost #94167 of 12241610/21/14 at 6:01pmpost #94168 of 12241610/21/14 at 6:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by thams
Of course - and I'm totally alright with giving perks to those heavy hitting customers. For example, I would never complain about Mac being offered a shoe/boot over others. This whole scenario with AOM doesn't seem like that type of situation though. I think I've beaten this dead horse enough. I just don't care for that kind of customer service.
Where do you draw the line? It's okay that Mac gets first dibs because he has bought hundreds of shoes over the years, what about the guy who has bought 15 pairs in the last year? What about the guy who has bought 2?
Is there an arbitrary line that one must cross in order to be "in the know"? Or should they do what Leffot does and throw up a pic of a Cigar Indy and Ravello Daytripper on instagram and call it a day?
I really have no dog in the fight, I just don't think there is a way of doing this without making some people mad.post #94169 of 12241610/21/14 at 6:03pmpost #94170 of 12241610/21/14 at 6:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by tifosi
Quote:C'mon man. You knew that I was joking, right? You weren't even the first to spill it.Originally Posted by rydenfan
I was not the first to spill it...but come on. To be added to the super secret list you need to call them and add you to the email list. That is not really that secret. and BTW, they were also calling customers for the last two weeks and the email that went out today was obviously spots available after everyone else said yay or no, so again not really that secretive...
Sorry. We're still cool, right?
You guys are just too hilarious!
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › SANTONI LACE-UPS UNISEX SHOES 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 19 minutes ago
- › What is the best selvage with similar fit to jcrew 484 with no... 22 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...