It also makes guys like me feel bad who were told they were on "the list" but never got an email. I may have to boycott this retailer for a while. Bastards.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6277post #94141 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:06pmpost #94142 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:07pmpost #94143 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by chrisefi
I mean, the retailer specifically said don't post it here or tell friends and that they'll only sell to people already on the list anyway.
I feel like that probably should have been respected. They don't want to get inundated with calls and emails. The people not on the list will get a stab at it if they add themselves to the next list.
Pretty simple. Nothing secretive. Probably should have not even brought it up.
agreedpost #94144 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:15pm
I personally don't think it'll be that bad, but to each their own. Here's an example of a tanker to get an idea. Just looking at it and imagining it being a wingtip is getting me antsy for 10 months from now.post #94145 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:20pmpost #94146 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:22pmpost #94147 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:25pmpost #94148 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:45pmpost #94149 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:49pmpost #94150 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:52pmpost #94151 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bobbo316
Its Alden NY, they run an exotics email that you have to be requested to be added too. I wasnt aware of this myself until today and I have bought shoes from them in the past including exotic shell.
The wait list is long and will likely have all units spoken for by the end of the night. The wingtip boot being the most popular of course.
Very limited run. Didnt ask quantity. A little disapointed but congrats to those who got in. The C&J wingtip will be my first C&J so praying they come out very nice, which I assume they will.
Anyone else asked Alden NY multiple times how to find out about new rare shell makeups and always been told they just had to periodically email them?post #94152 of 12241610/21/14 at 4:59pmQuote:
When I asked about getting on some of their lists and their general email distribution list they were super awkward. They won't tell you about the email or their lists unless you ask about them.post #94153 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:13pmQuote:
This is why I appreciate Leffot's policy. Being aboveboard with access to all makeups (rare or not) is a good way to drum up hype around your shoes. Weird lists that only certain people are in the know about is discouraging as a potential customer. I know there will always be valued customers at all the shops and I'm ok with that. I just find it weird that certain shops ask customers to stay quiet about makeups and delivery dates. If I'm dropping almost $800 on a pair of shoes then I should be able to tell whoever I want about the acquisition. Alden is such a weird game.post #94154 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:15pmpost #94155 of 12241610/21/14 at 5:16pmQuote:
It was. Only 4 cigar Chukkas and at most 8-12 each of the other two makes.Quote:Originally Posted by thams
This is why I appreciate Leffot's policy. Being aboveboard with access to all makeups (rare or not) is a good way to drum up hype around your shoes. Weird lists that only certain people are in the know about is discouraging as a potential customer. I know there will always be valued customers at all the shops and I'm ok with that. I just find it weird that certain shops ask customers to stay quiet about makeups and delivery dates. If I'm dropping almost $800 on a pair of shoes then I should be able to tell whoever I want about the acquisition. Alden is such a weird game.
Leffot does the same thing. Most stuff is offered up on their site (I like their 20% upfront policy as opposed to AOM 100%), but there are certain makeups that go to their regulars - most of whom are heavy hitting clientele. Guys who drop $10K+ a year on shoes and/or go to trunk shows and order, etc. there's nothing wrong with it. Their consistent base should have that access. Not justifying AOM here, just saying it's not abnormal.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Uniqlo Thread 42 seconds ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Martin Greenfield Clothiers VS. Alan David Custom 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE AMAZING JOHN LOBB, BERLUTI, JM WESTON, GAZIANO & GIRLING THREAD... 4 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...