or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6266  

post #93976 of 122416
A while back I had posted about accidentally ordering the #8 Tankers from Leffot when I intended to order the Naval boots and I received a lot of private messages and comments in this thread about people who were willing to take the Tankers off my hands.

I think I replied to all of the PMs, but in case I missed any - I just received word from Leffot today that they were able to get me the Naval boots instead, so I will not be selling a pair of Tankers.
post #93977 of 122416
Deleted
Edited by z8k1n - 10/20/14 at 12:49pm
post #93978 of 122416
For those interested in recent tsm whiskey lwbs see below. Clearly color will vary based on where photo is taken. First picture is on floor next to my desk. Second picture is on my desk.



post #93979 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeef View Post

Quite like this new offering from epaulet: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Taunton_Pair_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413777689
If you guys were to choose one alpine grain shoe, would you rather have...

Citishoes/unionmade nst boot,
Shoemart wingtip boot, or
This epaulet captoe boot?

Actually wore a grain Indy today. Have been debating dropping these.
post #93980 of 122416
I really like the medallion captoes. Unfortunately they aren't my size. Who would I contact about getting on a list for ravello medallion captoes, or is it next to impossible?
post #93981 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeef View Post

Quite like this new offering from epaulet:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Taunton_Pair_1024x1024.jpg?v=1413777689


If you guys were to choose one alpine grain shoe, would you rather have...

Citishoes/unionmade nst boot,
Shoemart wingtip boot, or
This epaulet captoe boot?

They are all quite nice and serve in the same capacity, but I have always had an affinity to the wingtip.  The NST would be a close second.  You couldn't go wrong though, with the cap toe.  Beautiful boot, btw...

post #93982 of 122416

What size?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post


Actually wore a grain Indy today. Have been debating dropping these.
post #93983 of 122416

ravello NSTs for me today.....1st time trying the "strong" knot that was posted over the weekend.....not need to double up and stayed tight all day.....might be a convert.

 

post #93984 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradbrah View Post

I really like the medallion captoes. Unfortunately they aren't my size. Who would I contact about getting on a list for ravello medallion captoes, or is it next to impossible?

I am sorry for asking this, but can you be more specific as to the design you are looking for? Are you asking about the Ravello Medallion Cap Toe Bluchers that just have the medallion on the cap toe and essentially no other broguing? Those are an Alden DC special makeup, so they would be your one stop shop. Not sure if they have any remaining from the January 2014 batch. Unlikely, but possible.

-Mike
post #93985 of 122416
First pair of Aldens, whiskey lwb from sf. Pic taken in indirect sunlight. They are pretty dark. I love them and look forward to many wears.
post #93986 of 122416
King

post #93987 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post

First pair of Aldens, whiskey lwb from sf. Pic taken in indirect sunlight. They are pretty dark. I love them and look forward to many wears.
Very Nice ,they look more like Ravello than Whiskey which might be good for some, but I was hoping for a lighter shade from the pics I've seen looks like the TSM ones are a bit lighter than the ones from SF
post #93988 of 122416
#8 ct boots
post #93989 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post


Very Nice ,they look more like Ravello than Whiskey which might be good for some, but I was hoping for a lighter shade from the pics I've seen looks like the TSM ones are a bit lighter than the ones from SF


agreed. i'll probably try for a lighter pair of whiskey later, rather than a ravello.

post #93990 of 122416
@mrfixit dang that is one heck of a way to enter the Alden game if you were to ask me. Congrats!!!

-Mike
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.