This. I own both and find the PCT to be dressier. Got nothing to do with the commando sole.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:49 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6257post #93841 of 12241610/18/14 at 12:48pmpost #93842 of 12241610/18/14 at 1:08pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by FLW
I am a pretty true 9C and in Barrie I can just make an 8.5D work. I could certainly not go sockless, as my heel would pop right out. When I wear Aberdeen 9D the toe feels comfy but not snug. The heel is better but still slips a bit.
I would think that if you are anywhere close to needing an E width that D in Aberdeen might be too narrow at the toe.Quote:Originally Posted by epc2
My brief experience with Aberdeen was with an NST blucher the toebox was tight while the heel was still big maybe a tad narrower than Barrie but not by much , , it was a D width , I'm sure an E width was going to be fine on the toebox but not on the heel , IMHO this last has a weird toebox/heel proportion.
I am : 7.5 D (Barrie and Trubalance Last)
7.5 E (Van Last)
I had a chance to try on a 7.5D Aberdeen blucher, the length of the shoes is OK but quite tide front part of the shoes, on the other hand, there's a bit heel slippage.
I enquired Ed from TSM and Jim from Alden SF, both of them suggested me to take 7.5E in Aberdeen.
Stevepost #93843 of 12241610/18/14 at 1:14pm
I wear 8D in Barrie and took a shot in the dark and went 8.5D in the Aberdeen. I have really narrow ankles but worry about the sharp point in the toebox. Going 8.5D was the sizing advice I received from TSM. If it doesnt work I will be disapointed to say the least.
I have actually considered seeing if I could size it up a bit because having a boot that is a little loose is better than something that is too tigh.post #93844 of 12241610/18/14 at 1:26pmpost #93845 of 12241610/18/14 at 1:28pmpost #93846 of 12241610/18/14 at 1:47pmpost #93847 of 12241610/18/14 at 1:57pmpost #93848 of 12241610/18/14 at 2:09pmpost #93849 of 12241610/18/14 at 2:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Watchman1
I do actually wear mine with suits.....in the winter. Mine are outfitted with Topy's on heel and forefront.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)[\spoiler]
If your gonna wear them with suits my personal rule is to polish them to a high shine.
Those are killer!post #93850 of 12241610/18/14 at 2:59pmpost #93851 of 12241610/18/14 at 3:09pmpost #93852 of 12241610/18/14 at 3:10pmpost #93853 of 12241610/18/14 at 3:28pmQuote:
Here are mine....indoor lighting at the office....second photo is a comparison with my ravello NSTs.post #93854 of 12241610/18/14 at 3:44pmpost #93855 of 12241610/18/14 at 3:49pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 28 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Stunning $4000 NWT Borrelli Luxury Vintage Charcoal Grey Flannel... 35 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 40 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 48 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 49 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 55 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...