Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6253post #93781 of 12241610/17/14 at 4:46pmpost #93782 of 12241610/17/14 at 5:04pmpost #93783 of 12241610/17/14 at 5:33pmpost #93784 of 12241610/17/14 at 6:37pmpost #93785 of 12241610/17/14 at 6:37pmQuestion about fit of shell NST's in Barrie last with double soles
I picked up a pair of these recently and am trying to decide whether to keep them, due to the fit. The heel slips a bit when I walk, despite tying tightly and using tongue pads.
I have several pairs of Barrie-lasted shoes in the same size and they fit perfectly, but none in this precise combo of shell+double sole+not a boot. (for ex. i have calf longwings and shell boots, and there is no slippage; it's possible that the longwings slipped a bit early on but I don't recall).
The salesman said that once the double sole breaks in a little I should be fine. I also have heard that shell runs a little bigger than calf (or expands over time?), which would argue that the fit will not get any better.
I"m not sure if what the salesman is saying is right, or if the fit day 1 is essentially the fit you have for life, and perhaps I should return them. Any thoughts would be appreciated.post #93786 of 12241610/17/14 at 6:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by Disco Volante
Never understood the aversion people had to speed hooks. Once I learned how to properly lace them with the technique where you could do two at a time there was no going back for me. Everyone does know that technique, right? While on techniques, everyone has also seen the TED talk on how to properly tie shoes, right?
Technique for speed hooks 2 at a time? Please share.post #93787 of 12241610/17/14 at 6:59pmpost #93788 of 12241610/17/14 at 7:25pmQuote:
I beliee that these are the "whiskey" swb that I bought from the 2nds list a couple of months ago......wasn't quite what I was looking for so I sent them back a couple of weeks ago.....they looked great though if anyone is interested......I believe that the "defect" was some minor striping in the finish along the lower portion of the front of the shoes.....only noticeable if you are holding the shoes.post #93789 of 12241610/17/14 at 7:28pmpost #93790 of 12241610/17/14 at 8:11pmThese LWB's are perfect. Ordered the Whiskey. Here's to hoping a pair from Carmel makes it to the TSM seconds list in my size.Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Good Morning Gentlemen, not sure what happened when I tried uploading the pics from my iPad, but here are the full sized pics... Ravello LWB from Alden of Carmel and Navy Suede PTBs from Alden DC (actually shipped straight from the factory to me).
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Comparison shots. Here next to the recent Ravello Chukka and Ravello NST shoe.
Here compare to the Whiskey LWB that was recently shipped from TheShoeMart.
And I wanted something different, so I decided to go for a pair of Navy Suede PTBs. Think that they are kind of fun and I like the Navy and Antique look...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Have a good Friday gentlemen,
Mikepost #93791 of 12241610/17/14 at 8:29pm
Intrigued by these.
@stevent right up your alley.post #93792 of 12241610/17/14 at 8:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by bkotsko
Intrigued by these.
right up your alley.
Thanks for the tip, looks like 10.5E is gone alreadypost #93793 of 12241610/17/14 at 8:57pmpost #93794 of 12241610/17/14 at 9:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by bkotsko
Intrigued by these.
@stevent right up your alley.
You beat me to it. "Intrigued" is about right. Really not sure what to make of em.post #93795 of 12241610/17/14 at 9:11pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Entry level semi canvassed suit 14 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 21 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 26 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 31 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 36 minutes ago
- › Prince Charles in single-breasted?? 36 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...