or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 624  

post #9346 of 122416
Great shoe, but no way i'm paying 850 bucks for it!
post #9347 of 122416
^ Aren't those shoes pretty common, or am I missing something?

http://www.theshoemart.com/alden-men..._cordovan.html

If you go to a cobbler they can actually rub some stuff on the edge trim to give you the antique look.
post #9348 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17 View Post
Great shoe, but no way i'm paying 850 bucks for it!

We wouldnt have to pay 923.00 or whatever the exchange rate is if a US store made us up some.

Put me down as #4 for a shortwing version as well. Tom?
post #9349 of 122416
I've got a pair of unworn 12D Ravello NSTs up on eBay, ending Sunday. Link in my signature. Free shipping for SF members. PM me after purchase for details.
post #9350 of 122416
Hey guys, We just got a fresh delivery of our "West Egg" Longwings in Sand and Snuff. They're on the Leydon last & flex-welt sole. Sand Suede Longwing: $450 Snuff Suede Longwing: $450
post #9351 of 122416
Mark me down for #5. I'd love this in a shortwing.

Wasn't there somebody here who stripped the edge dressing from a pair if color #8 and made it look like these?
post #9352 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaulet View Post
Hey guys,

We just got a fresh delivery of our "West Egg" Longwings in Sand and Snuff. They're on the Leydon last & flex-welt sole.


Sand Suede Longwing: $450


Snuff Suede Longwing: $450

Man, I wish these were on the Barrie Last.
post #9353 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieu View Post
Man, I wish these were on the Barrie Last.

Leffot has them on the Barrie Last.
post #9354 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by interlockingny View Post
Leffot has them on the Barrie Last.

Yeah, but I was hoping to get the Sand Suede version in a Barrie last. Leffot only has the Snuff Suede.
post #9355 of 122416
Ok, #8 shortwing, Barrie last with antiqued edgetrim. I'll put the order in.

Check with Bryan at LSBH concerning longwings in tan suede, he may have some in stock.
post #9356 of 122416
will definitely post pics as they age!
post #9357 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieu View Post
Man, I wish these were on the Barrie Last.

That's funny. The first thing I thought when I saw them was "finally someone selling a longwing on something besides the Barrie".
post #9358 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlieu View Post
Yeah, but I was hoping to get the Sand Suede version in a Barrie last. Leffot only has the Snuff Suede.

Winn Perry has them in Sand on Barrie last with a double waterlock sole. I got a very similar pair from Leathersole last year, except they had double oak-tanned soles. I think the waterlock would be more comfortable, and a little less formal for this more casual shoe.
post #9359 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post
That's funny. The first thing I thought when I saw them was "finally someone selling a longwing on something besides the Barrie".

The Brooks Brothers Black Fleece cordovan longwing was on the Grant, which looked great.
post #9360 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
The Brooks Brothers Black Fleece cordovan longwing was on the Grant, which looked great.

Unfortunately I have tiny feet and they don't offer most Black Fleece in sizes below 8D. I'm a 7C or 7B in the Barrie last so the BBBF shoes won't work for me. Thanks for the tip though.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.