or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6208  

post #93106 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix1891 View Post

When are those due?

December-ish was the original estimate, no idea though.
post #93107 of 122416
King LWB's and some Robert Graham socks.

post #93108 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

+1. Was having the best day anyway. Very happy new Dad. Shoes are nothing in comparison but hey - glad to have them.
congratulations buda!
post #93109 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeef View Post

Sweet, got mine in this week too. My first Alden and really happy with them!

Couple questions:

1. Did yours come with any bags? Mine didn't, and I wasn't sure if it was just a boot thing, or if they didn't get put in.

2. This is more of an observation. I got these in 8.5D, and they fit very well. Heel is pretty narrow, which I need for my feet. I tried on Barrie PTB in 8.5D somewhere else though, and it was almost as if I could slip my foot in and out with the shoe laced up. In other words, the heel was super wide in the PTB. Is this normal?


1. No mine didn't either, I wrote them because I've always gotten bags, I have not gotten a response yet

2. That would seem a reasonable explanation to me
post #93110 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeef View Post

Sweet, got mine in this week too. My first Alden and really happy with them!

Couple questions:

1. Did yours come with any bags? Mine didn't, and I wasn't sure if it was just a boot thing, or if they didn't get put in.

2. This is more of an observation. I got these in 8.5D, and they fit very well. Heel is pretty narrow, which I need for my feet. I tried on Barrie PTB in 8.5D somewhere else though, and it was almost as if I could slip my foot in and out with the shoe laced up. In other words, the heel was super wide in the PTB. Is this normal?


1. No mine didn't either, I wrote them because I've always gotten bags, I have not gotten a response yet

2. That would seem a reasonable explanation to me

Funny about the bags the pair I got by mistake had bags and when I returned the boots I forgot to bags back in...contacted them and promptly put them in the mail back to union made...two weeks later my correct pair of shoes shows up and...no bags.

I never contacted them though.
post #93111 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

WOW!!  I REALLY like this shade!!  Congrats and enjoy often and in great health, my friend!

@RTP Thank you very much sir! Hope all whiskey in the near future come in similar shade for everyone!
post #93112 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post
 

There is a dream phone call going out today fella's so pick up your phones!! :bounce2:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Got the call. Today was a good day.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Praying for a shade on the lighter side of Ravello.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


+1. Was having the best day anyway. Very happy new Dad. Shoes are nothing in comparison but hey - glad to have them.

 

I am so happy to get the call too!!! Let's start praying for a good shade Gents!  Once again, special thanks to @mdubs!!!!!

 

Buda, Congrats on the arrival of your new twins! For sure they will fill your life with joy and love!

 

Steve
 

post #93113 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post


1. No mine didn't either, I wrote them because I've always gotten bags, I have not gotten a response yet

2. That would seem a reasonable explanation to me

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna75 View Post


Funny about the bags the pair I got by mistake had bags and when I returned the boots I forgot to bags back in...contacted them and promptly put them in the mail back to union made...two weeks later my correct pair of shoes shows up and...no bags.

I never contacted them though.

 

Thanks for the info, guys. I also emailed a couple days ago, with no response yet.  Will try to call if I get a chance during the daytime.

post #93114 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

Just caught up on 200+ posts.  Work is piling high!  Great looking pics today and yesterday gents; y'all continue to kill it!!  Haven't even had the time to think about Alden and new shells, but here is what I sported yesterday...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Black Shell LWBs... (I actually wore with a suit; thought it worked quite well.)

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

I went with a non-Alden suede saddle buck today (not pictured here).  Cheers!

I love the black. 

Not enough credit is given.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


+1. Was having the best day anyway. Very happy new Dad. Shoes are nothing in comparison but hey - glad to have them.

Buda, Congrats my friend. 

Hope all are healthy and happy.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

Fresh off the boat from Kathy... my first shade of ravello and damn it is rich
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looks great

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooderson View Post

Longtime lurker, I admire the wonderful collections you all have. I received my first pair today and am extremely happy with them. I have a feeling this is only the beginning. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Nice. Socks are +1 as well

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post

Took a while to take the photos, but here are the recent Whiskey LWB from TSM. In artificial and natural lighting, delayed Whiskey Wednesday!

Amazing variation in the color is under different lighting conditions, personally this batch is what I imagined Whiskey shell to be.

-D

Indoor lighting Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Direct sunlight Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Looking good. 

I like natural lighting in shade to bring out the color the best. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassyCanuck View Post

King LWB's and some Robert Graham socks.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Classic!

post #93115 of 122416
Congrats Buda!!!!!!! Welcome to the thread Wooderson...

From Yesterday, my favorite of my Suedes... Snuff WT Boot from Leffot. Just a beautiful design on the perfect last.






Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)













And today I went with the Alden x JCrew Tan Suede PTB....






Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)













I really need to figure out how to get rid of the yellowing that these shoes leave on my nicer socks...

-Mike
post #93116 of 122416
Finally, after 2-3 sad months of no Whiskey LWBa, my Mike Special (narrow) LWBs have arrived!






Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


































Compared against an old run of Whiskey Chukkas.







Okay', so I am a little festive with the pumpkin.... :-)

-Mike
post #93117 of 122416
Does anyone know of any Alden retailers in Portland or Seattle? Need to try on the Barrie last.
post #93118 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tradbrah View Post

Does anyone know of any Alden retailers in Portland or Seattle? Need to try on the Barrie last.

JGilbert is in Seattle area. So is Alden of Carmel, but he doesn't have a Brick and Mortar anymore.
post #93119 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBeef View Post



Thanks for the info, guys. I also emailed a couple days ago, with no response yet.  Will try to call if I get a chance during the daytime.

If you get me on the horn tell them to send Andrew Carr his too please fistbump.gif
post #93120 of 122416
Very Nice Mike , please post a pic next to a Ravello LWB.

Thanks,
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.