or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6193  

post #92881 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post
 

Regarding Adam, although his email responses to me have always been brief, he's always been very straightforward about what he has and what he doesn't.  I've bought a couple pairs of "rare" shell LWBs from him.

 

Also, looks like there's a new boot for sale at Epaulet.  I think someone on here was even asking about a makeup a lot like this one a while back: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/alden-michigan-boot-in-chocolate-utica-leather


looks similar to a recent Moulded Shoe offering

 

http://www.mouldedshoe.com/anewarrivals.html

post #92882 of 122416
Cherrypicking impressions of Adam at AofC (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Anyone else not have a great experience with getting rare shell from AoC? Everyone says Adam is awesome and just email him. However I basically get "no idea when we'll ever get or do rare shell... watch styleforum". Do his preorders usually get posted here or am I just getting blown off?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


That is not an uncommon response. I have gotten something similar in the past.

 

Adam has been quick to respond to my requests in the past, but I have not yet had any luck getting in on a preorder.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Adam is a knowledge guy no doubt about it ,I bought my 1st pair of shell from him but I don't like his attitude and short answers , Maybe he had some bad experiences in the past, also from my exp. He doesn't like when you ask more than one question, I'd rather spend my money somewhere else.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 
i will say, he is hands down the quickest to respond to email. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCHopeful View Post

I received the same response from Adam when I inquired about preorders or getting on a list with Alden of Carmel... Was told that they don't maintain lists and Style Forum was the place to stay connected with the current offerings.

......./

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post
 
Have to become a repeat customer somehow? I'm trying to start that cycle, haha.
 

I will give credit where it's due. He's quick to respond, but if he doesn't "shut up and take my money", someone else will.

 

 

Meh.  There's nothing spectacular about just telling the truth or answering emails promptly.  It is wildly underwhelming when a proprietor at this level is too troubled to engage his customers and instead refers them to the grapevine for answers.  
post #92883 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

Cherrypicking impressions of Adam at AofC (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Anyone else not have a great experience with getting rare shell from AoC? Everyone says Adam is awesome and just email him. However I basically get "no idea when we'll ever get or do rare shell... watch styleforum". Do his preorders usually get posted here or am I just getting blown off?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


That is not an uncommon response. I have gotten something similar in the past.

 

Adam has been quick to respond to my requests in the past, but I have not yet had any luck getting in on a preorder.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Adam is a knowledge guy no doubt about it ,I bought my 1st pair of shell from him but I don't like his attitude and short answers , Maybe he had some bad experiences in the past, also from my exp. He doesn't like when you ask more than one question, I'd rather spend my money somewhere else.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 
i will say, he is hands down the quickest to respond to email. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCHopeful View Post

I received the same response from Adam when I inquired about preorders or getting on a list with Alden of Carmel... Was told that they don't maintain lists and Style Forum was the place to stay connected with the current offerings.

......./

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post
 
Have to become a repeat customer somehow? I'm trying to start that cycle, haha.
 

I will give credit where it's due. He's quick to respond, but if he doesn't "shut up and take my money", someone else will.

 

 

Meh.  There's nothing spectacular about just telling the truth or answering emails promptly.  It is wildly underwhelming when a proprietor at this level is too troubled to engage his customers and instead refers them to the grapevine for answers.  

That's it! No shell for you!
c65b20d8e7eb46ad903c30d7a2e1aec9.jpg

lol
post #92884 of 122416

can somebody post tsm a whiskey and a revallo makeup side by side for comparison? 

 

Is the  whiskey really that dark from tsm? 

post #92885 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosheik View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
  Cherrypicking impressions of Adam at AofC (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Anyone else not have a great experience with getting rare shell from AoC? Everyone says Adam is awesome and just email him. However I basically get "no idea when we'll ever get or do rare shell... watch styleforum". Do his preorders usually get posted here or am I just getting blown off?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


That is not an uncommon response. I have gotten something similar in the past.

 

Adam has been quick to respond to my requests in the past, but I have not yet had any luck getting in on a preorder.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post

Adam is a knowledge guy no doubt about it ,I bought my 1st pair of shell from him but I don't like his attitude and short answers , Maybe he had some bad experiences in the past, also from my exp. He doesn't like when you ask more than one question, I'd rather spend my money somewhere else.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post
 
i will say, he is hands down the quickest to respond to email. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCHopeful View Post

I received the same response from Adam when I inquired about preorders or getting on a list with Alden of Carmel... Was told that they don't maintain lists and Style Forum was the place to stay connected with the current offerings.

......./

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post
 
Have to become a repeat customer somehow? I'm trying to start that cycle, haha.
 

I will give credit where it's due. He's quick to respond, but if he doesn't "shut up and take my money", someone else will.

 

 

Meh.  There's nothing spectacular about just telling the truth or answering emails promptly.  It is wildly underwhelming when a proprietor at this level is too troubled to engage his customers and instead refers them to the grapevine for answers.  

That's it! No shell for you!


lol

 :lol:   If only Adam would say, "You're pushing your luck, little man!"

post #92886 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post


Have to become a repeat customer somehow? I'm trying to start that cycle, haha.

If it makes you feel any better, I got in on the ravello pre-order back in May and it is the only purchase I've made with him. Of course, that's probably more of a function that it doesn't appear that he carries inventory in my size (12D Barrie) at any time. And like he suggested, I only found out about it because I was on here on a random Friday night and people were talking about a cigar and ravello pre-order happening. But by 3 AM, the posts directly discussing it would deleted by their authors.
post #92887 of 122416

Hi Mike, 

 

That is true. In the 70s and 80s when Alden's business was primarily orthopedic they used this stamp on most of their shoes like the LW, Plain Toes, Algonquins on the trubalance and truflare lasts. The tassels and other dress patterns used the New England stamp so it's a good question why they decided to use the ortho logo on this special make up.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Actually, technically that is the Logo for Alden's Orthopedics line. I asked about it at one of the shops. :-)

-Mike

 

Hi Mike, 

 

That is true. In the 70s and 80s when Alden's business was primarily orthopedic they used this stamp on most of their shoes like the LW, Plain Toes, Algonquins on the trubalance and truflare lasts. The tassels and other dress patterns used the New England stamp so it's a good question why they decided to use the ortho logo on this special make up.

post #92888 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezeC View Post

can somebody post tsm a whiskey and a revallo makeup side by side for comparison? 

Is the  whiskey really that dark from tsm? 
+1, yes please. I have the whiskey en route from tsm and curious to know
post #92889 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post

If it makes you feel any better, I got in on the ravello pre-order back in May and it is the only purchase I've made with him. Of course, that's probably more of a function that it doesn't appear that he carries inventory in my size (12D Barrie) at any time. And like he suggested, I only found out about it because I was on here on a random Friday night and people were talking about a cigar and ravello pre-order happening. But by 3 AM, the posts directly discussing it would deleted by their authors.

Same scenario with me. My first order through AoC because my 12D Barrie size isn't stocked by him.

I saw the Cigar/Ravello LWB pre-order note on SF one night and got in on it... Lucky me.

I of course asked Adam for any other lists/pre-orders for rare shells. He flat-out said he doesn't have any going (actually twice, as I asked when I pre-ordered and asked again when they shipped). And while that was disappointing, I very much appreciated his communications throughout the pre-order and shipping process - he sent me nine e-mails related to my purchase.

I'd order from him again in a heartbeat.
post #92890 of 122416


+1. Not a fan. Would rather buy elsewhere.
post #92891 of 122416
I too had a great experience with Adam from Alden of Carmel. Ordered both Cigar and Ravello LWB from him. Got lucky to get on the pre orders. He could not have been more helpful. He sent several messages back in a hurry making it a pleasant experience. Like others have stated, when I asked about other lists I got the same response; no preorders at this time and no waiting lists. I'm totally ok with that. I appreciate him being straight forward.
post #92892 of 122416

Ive always had pleasant transactions with Adam. He is very straight forward. I have asked him in the past about boots in the "rare" shell colors but it doesn't seem like this is something he would regularly run if ever. I never asked about an LWB so I cannot comment there.

 

That being said I understand the want to direct shoes to repeat or long time customers but IMO if you have even bought one pair from a store that makes you a repeat. These boots are 500-750 dollars, one purchase is a big deal!

 

There's plenty of new customers hungry to get into the market and may eventually become repeat customers if given that chance. Its marketing 101.

post #92893 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Anyone else not have a great experience with getting rare shell from AoC? Everyone says Adam is awesome and just email him. However I basically get "no idea when we'll ever get or do rare shell... watch styleforum". Do his preorders usually get posted here or am I just getting blown off?
My impression of Adam is that he will only sell to certain people. I have had a member tell me to call there because Adam had a second quality Ravello shoe in my size as he just just got off the phone with him. I called and Adam said that he hasn't had any exotic shell in a while and doesn't know when he will in the future. So basically he has a standard answer for exotic shell and will only sell to certain people, IMO. I'm fine with it. There are plenty of other retailers out there.
post #92894 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by brp2 View Post
 

 

Also, looks like there's a new boot for sale at Epaulet.  I think someone on here was even asking about a makeup a lot like this one a while back: http://epauletnewyork.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/alden-michigan-boot-in-chocolate-utica-leather

 

Of course, the one thing you would NOT want on your boots if you lived in Michigan was a flat leather sole..!

post #92895 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisefi View Post

Anyone else not have a great experience with getting rare shell from AoC? Everyone says Adam is awesome and just email him. However I basically get "no idea when we'll ever get or do rare shell... watch styleforum". Do his preorders usually get posted here or am I just getting blown off?

He's MDubs guy, so that's wort something - but I've dealt with him once, and he was not the kind of person I choose to give my hard earned money to. I won't buy anything from him becuase if his general attitude.

BN
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.