or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6160  

post #92386 of 122416

BB King Straight Tip, maiden voyage, even though I've owned it for several months. Still have a dozen unworn pairs in the queue #mdubsproblems
post #92387 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post

Anyone know where I can find a shell cordovan (preferably black or an exotic color) barrie lasted chukka with commando sole?

Alden of Carmel has black available (style AF11 is on the commando sole).

http://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Black_Shell_Cordovan_Chukka_Boot_127.htm
post #92388 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

BB King Straight Tip, maiden voyage, even though I've owned it for several months. Still have a dozen unworn pairs in the queue #mdubsproblems
Lol. I have heard that some dentists have nightmares in which they are chased around by giant sets of chattering teeth. I imagine that you and mdubs may wake up screaming in the middle of the night, terrified that your towering boxes of unworn shoes have come alive and risen up against you.
post #92389 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

So has anyone who prefers an E width and half size down from D sizing in Barrie sized up in Plaza in a D width? Did it feel too long?

eg

You wear 9E in Barrie—can also wear 9.5D— and tried on a 10D in Plaza, which is "half size up from Barrie."

I can't fathom the 8.5D being a better fit than the 8E I tried in Plaza, even though I wear 8D in Barrie (but prefer 7.5E).

Damn these wide feet!

 

I know the going rate is to size down a half size for Barrie, but when I did that the toe box was too tight. Sizing down a half size, but up a width in Barrie made the toe box feel good, but the heel was now way too big. I go TTS with both lasts, and they both fit great.

 

My disclaimer though is that my Barrie lasted Aldens are the J Crew cap toe shell high boot, and I do wear them with thicker socks than I do with shoes. They do fit nicely TTS though. 

post #92390 of 122416

@aDrummingDude

 

Thanks, man. What do you measure? Do you have a wide foot, high instep?

 

I may have to hunt down an 8D Plaza boot to really see if I can live with that; settling for the D width would be so much easier.

post #92391 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

@aDrummingDude

 

Thanks, man. What do you measure? Do you have a wide foot, high instep?

 

I may have to hunt down an 8D Plaza boot to really see if I can live with that; settling for the D width would be so much easier.


I measure just a hair larger than 11 in length, low instep and narrow heel. Because of the low instep and narrow heel, some 11's are a bit roomy, but the ball of my foot is comparably much wider than my heel, so I buy 11D or 10UK almost exclusively and they usually fit well enough.

post #92392 of 122416
AoC cigar LWB for their first wearing on this beautiful sunny day
post #92393 of 122416

^^nice

post #92394 of 122416

Sorry, I have been away for a bit. Does anyone know a due date for the most recent offering of Leffot CXL Indy's on commando and the Chamois LWB on commando are suppose to be ready for shipment?

post #92395 of 122416

AF53s today. Love these boots! On another note, I finally caved the other day and gave Alden DC a call and got on the cigar captoe boot list.

 

 

post #92396 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Volante View Post
 

AF53s today. Love these boots! On another note, I finally caved the other day and gave Alden DC a call and got on the cigar captoe boot list.

 

 

Nice boots.   How deep is the Alden DC list at the moment?  I have 2 pairs of Cigar boots, but could always add another.

post #92397 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post
 

Nice boots.   How deep is the Alden DC list at the moment?  I have 2 pairs of Cigar boots, but could always add another.

Over a dozen on 10D.

post #92398 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Over a dozen on 10D.

Seriously??? I'll sell you some 8's and you can stretch them or cut off a few toes
post #92399 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Seriously??? I'll sell you some 8's and you can stretch them or cut off a few toes

Ha ha...thanks. I'm finally sitting at #1 for 10D. Maybe the lists will clear a little with the Ravello coming as well. 

post #92400 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

These are just stunning.

nephew,
thank you
the king monk is a stock model, no wait time to get
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.