or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6147  

post #92191 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

The AoC version has speedhooks, commando sole, and a reverse welt, as opposed to all eyelets, double leather sole, and flat welt on the Epaulet Brixton.

I'm surprised they haven't run the Color 8 version in a while, I got mine back in 2011 and they haven't sold another run since then.

I would personally say the flat welt is the most unique feature of their Brixton. The Color 8 also had an antique edge of my memory is still working.
post #92192 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

I would personally say the flat welt is the most unique feature of their Brixton. The Color 8 also had an antique edge of my memory is still working.
It is.
post #92193 of 122416

after about 2 years worth of deliberation...finally got my alden indy's from unionmade on a recent trip to LA

 

i got the classic brown 405's...can anyone recommend the best polish/protector that won't darken the leather? i already have some collonil leather conditioner however that definitely darkened my wolverine 1000 miles...they are a CXL leather however

 

also the dude at the store recommended i get plastic toe taps...thoughts on these on the rubber sole??

post #92194 of 122416
Went to Alden SF over the weekend. Saw some whiskey chukka being packed, and another Cigar chukka on the display rack. This is the very time that I saw whisky in person, and I gotta say the color is amazing!

Will post some of my new cigar LWB with dark edge when I get time to take some pictures!

Someone should buy my leffot #8 LWB!
post #92195 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Brixton is just the name of the Epaulet special makeup (they typically like to name their designs) for a wingtip boot with all eyelets, antique edge, flat welt, and double leather sole. They've done it in Ravello (back in '09 I think), Color 8, Cigar, Natty CXL, and Oxblood calf. This new version from TSM I think will be almost exactly like the Brixton, with the only difference being a reverse welt.

Thought it might be something along those lines. Appreciate the detailed response.
post #92196 of 122416

Sorry for throwing this one out here again, know it's not a sales thread. Just figured I might have a larger chance of hitting something here that what I have done for the last past months in the sales thread.    Just been looking for a pair of cordovan color 8 boots size 8 (barrie last, a TTS US8.5. But open to any lasts!). Alden. Please let me know if some of you are looking to sell or know someone who does! Thanks

post #92197 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

@thebeebs It's getting real Zug around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Alden is doing a zug make up wow!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

I know Madison has stocked the whiskey chukka so if try them.

Zug? But no Veldt? Ill stick to my Columbia synthetic boots when the show here in MI reach my knees. smile.gif

Zug, Zug, Zug - only Zug in the snow up to the knees. Anyway, Dppr - didn't you post a pic wearing your MTO Shannons in snow that deep?
post #92198 of 122416

Summer has reappeared in New England

BB lined Suede LHS

 

post #92199 of 122416

Picked up a couple pairs of shoes off ebay last week. They arrived at my office over the weekend. Finally got a chance to try them on this morning and was devastated to find that they don't fit. Have only ever worn my Indy boots which fit perfectly, but my size in the Trubalance last doesn't translate over to the Barrie. 

Anyways, I'm selling a couple pairs of Alden shoes in 10.5D in the marketplace. Super bummed I can't keep them. 

post #92200 of 122416
Does anyone know the origin of these shoes (not my listing)? I don't believe I have ever seen this style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Shell-Cordovan-Blucher-Color-8-size-10D-/141399308859?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276#ht_283wt_1035
post #92201 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Does anyone know the origin of these shoes (not my listing)? I don't believe I have ever seen this style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Shell-Cordovan-Blucher-Color-8-size-10D-/141399308859?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276#ht_283wt_1035

They've got to be from one of the Plaza houses.

They are certainly unique.

post #92202 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Does anyone know the origin of these shoes (not my listing)? I don't believe I have ever seen this style

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Shell-Cordovan-Blucher-Color-8-size-10D-/141399308859?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276#ht_283wt_1035

 

Have not seen it before either and that is one odd looking shoe to me.

post #92203 of 122416


Ravello.
post #92204 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

Went to Alden SF over the weekend. Saw some whiskey chukka being packed, and another Cigar chukka on the display rack. This is the very time that I saw whisky in person, and I gotta say the color is amazing!

Will post some of my new cigar LWB with dark edge when I get time to take some pictures!

Someone should buy my leffot #8 LWB!

that got me excited, & I already own the whiskey chukka!
post #92205 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRichard View Post

after about 2 years worth of deliberation...finally got my alden indy's from unionmade on a recent trip to LA

i got the classic brown 405's...can anyone recommend the best polish/protector that won't darken the leather? i already have some collonil leather conditioner however that definitely darkened my wolverine 1000 miles...they are a CXL leather however

also the dude at the store recommended i get plastic toe taps...thoughts on these on the rubber sole??
I don't really understand the usefulness of toe taps on rubber soles, but for single leather it makes perfect sense
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.