or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6139  

post #92071 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

The Shoe Mart and Citishoes have made them. Citishoes had a run in both whiskey and cigar.
Good to know. Thanks Al. I stil prefer Aberdeen for NSTs though.
post #92072 of 122416
I have a tough time with Aberdeen. I seem to be right between sizes and widths on it. Ultimately sold everything I have had on it. Really the only Alden last that doesn't work for me
post #92073 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I have a tough time with Aberdeen. I seem to be right between sizes and widths on it. Ultimately sold everything I have had on it. Really the only Alden last that doesn't work for me
I like the look, but I have no idea how it fits me yet, haha. I took a leap of faith on a boot pre-order!
post #92074 of 122416
Gents, do you find yourselves preferring different pant (slacks/chinos) lengths for when you're wearing Alden boots vs. shoes?

Secondly, when you have your pants hemmed, do you opt to have the front of the pants hemmed slightly shorter than the rear (heel)? Mine are always hemmed straight, and although I often like the way the pants sit on the front of my Alden shoes/boots, I'm a bit uncomfortable with the slight "highwater" effect over the heel. Curious what works for others.
post #92075 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post

I havent talked to JGilbert in a while, anyone know if they have the Plaza Indy with Antique in production yet?

Nope. Not yet.
post #92076 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I like the look, but I have no idea how it fits me yet, haha. I took a leap of faith on a boot pre-order!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I have a tough time with Aberdeen. I seem to be right between sizes and widths on it. Ultimately sold everything I have had on it. Really the only Alden last that doesn't work for me

 

I plan on doing the same, a leap of faith. Little worried about it though.

post #92077 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post



I plan on doing the same, a leap of faith. Little worried about it though.
I've had good luck with leaps of faith so far. Hopefully my luck won't run out on this boot since it is THE boot.
post #92078 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Nope. Not yet.

Thanks Mike.

I think Im going to shoot them an email and see if they have an updated list of styles for the next couple months. The current list I have ends at Oct.

post #92079 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


I've had good luck with leaps of faith so far. Hopefully my luck won't run out on this boot since it is THE boot.

I was 22 or 23 on the list for THE boot. :cry:

 

I wonder how many they are making. Never bought anything from TSM.

post #92080 of 122416

The more I look at those Alden of Carmel Color #2 long wings on eBay, the stranger I think the color and the makeup is.  I must be missing something, along with not understanding the appeal of the lwb in the first place.  


Edited by smoothie1 - 9/27/14 at 8:06am
post #92081 of 122416
FYI-Context Clothing in Madison has a couple pair of Tankers in color 8 on Barrie, exposed eyelets and speed hooks I think a 7.5D and a 7E.

Thanks!
post #92082 of 122416

Tobacco Tankers arrived last night

 

post #92083 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post

I was 22 or 23 on the list for THE boot. cry.gif

I wonder how many they are making. Never bought anything from TSM.

When did you put your name in the hat?
'""
I have been on the list for since June and wasn't given a number. Was just told "I'll let you know when it is confirmed (should be Oct/Nov)"
post #92084 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

When did you put your name in the hat?
'""
I have been on the list for since June and wasn't given a number. Was just told "I'll let you know when it is confirmed (should be Oct/Nov)"
I wasn't given a number, either. I have been on since before then. I was hoping there wasn't a list when I got on the list.
post #92085 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I wasn't given a number, either. I have been on since before then. I was hoping there wasn't a list when I got on the list.

If that were the case you would be #1 laugh.gif

It is anyone's guess at this point. I guess we will find out when it is confirmed. In June, Ed said he expected it to be confirmed in the 3-4 months, with another 3-4 months for production.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.