or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6126  

post #91876 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

Just arrived, AoC Cigar LWBs:



dark but brown. kind of a gloomy day here so I bet it'd lighten up in better light.
Very gorgeous. Congratulation.
post #91877 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

Just arrived, AoC Cigar LWBs:
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


dark but brown. kind of a gloomy day here so I bet it'd lighten up in better light.

Awesome! Congrats.

 

Someday I will acquire this in a boot, plaza, barrie... I dont even care at this point.

post #91878 of 122416

I have a pair of CXL Indy boots, but I find myself distracted by/not loving the white stitching across the vamp. This was not a problem with my reverse chamois Indy's, but in this case, I'm not liking it, and I've heard that some people will intentionally "darken" the stitching.

 

Was wondering if there is a standard and accepted way of doing that or if anyone has had good results with a particular method. Would a dark cream polish work, then?

Thanks in advance.

post #91879 of 122416

What is the difference between an NST and Tanker boot?

 

Thank you!

post #91880 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post
 

What is the difference between an NST and Tanker boot?

 

Thank you!

No real difference.  Some retailers call their NST boots (on Barrie and Trublance) Tankers.  The Aberdeen lasted ones are usually not referred to as Tankers.  Not sure what the deal is on whether the Plaza lasted ones get called one or the other.

 

EDIT:  The one word answer is…  Marketing!


Edited by budapest12 - 9/24/14 at 1:50pm
post #91881 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

What is the difference between an NST and Tanker boot?

Thank you!
They are basically one in the same. I have heard some say the Tanker is only in Barrie last, but most use the term interchangeably.
post #91882 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

Just arrived, AoC Cigar LWBs: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
dark but brown. kind of a gloomy day here so I bet it'd lighten up in better light.

Very nice. These look similar to my Cigar LWB from Alden NYC earlier this year.
post #91883 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post
 

What is the difference between an NST and Tanker boot?

 

Thank you!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


They are basically one in the same. I have heard some say the Tanker is only in Barrie last, but most use the term interchangeably.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post
 

No real difference.  Some retailers call their NST boots (on Barrie and Trublance) Tankers.  The Aberdeen lasted ones are usually not referred to as Tankers.  Not sure what the deal is on whether the Plaza lasted ones get called one or the other.

 

EDIT:  The one word answer is…  Marketing!


Ive always thought of Tanker as having a commando sole (mostly on barrie) and NST as everything that's not commando.

post #91884 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post
 

 

 

 


Ive always thought of Tanker as having a commando sole (mostly on barrie) and NST as everything that's not commando.


Thanks everyone for the speedy response. I really want it with the antique edging, but i'm impatient guess i'll just get a pair from citi shoes

post #91885 of 122416
Just a crappy iphone pic but here are my new Epaulet Innsbruck LWBs. So they're not Cigar, but besides that my dream make up.

(CXL on commando, brass eyelets. Barrie last.)

post #91886 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post



King Parajumpers today

Classic, very nice. What are those trousers? They look so great with the #8. Are they part of a suit? Been looking for a suit like that.

post #91887 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenfan View Post
 

Classic, very nice. What are those trousers? They look so great with the #8. Are they part of a suit? Been looking for a suit like that.


They are some vintage trousers I found at a thrift shop, had my sister (a seamstress) alter them for me. I wish I had a jacket to match!

post #91888 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post





Ive always thought of Tanker as having a commando sole (mostly on barrie) and NST as everything that's not commando.


It's all marketing - I'm not sure who called it a "Tanker" boot first (probably one of Leather Soul or Tassels), but Tanker boots are generally thought to be on a wide last (Barrie, Trubalance) and have commando soles. The Aberdeen NST Boot on double leather soul generally is not called a tanker. J Gilbert doesn't seem to call its Plaza boots (on commando or not) tankers either.
post #91889 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post





Ive always thought of Tanker as having a commando sole (mostly on barrie) and NST as everything that's not commando.


It's all marketing - I'm not sure who called it a "Tanker" boot first (probably one of Leather Soul or Tassels), but Tanker boots are generally thought to be on a wide last (Barrie, Trubalance) and have commando soles. The Aberdeen NST Boot on double leather soul generally is not called a tanker. J Gilbert doesn't seem to call its Plaza boots (on commando or not) tankers either.

I call none of them tankers, but, when I hear others do so, I think of Barrie or TruB (without regard to type of outsole).
post #91890 of 122416

WhiskeyWed

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.