or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6093  

post #91381 of 122416

Hey all, given the recent posts on Brown CXL and Chamois, any thoughts between the two?  I am looking for an all weather casual LWB that can be dressed down (denim, chinos, etc.) and dressed up a little (but not too much), especially in inclement weather.  Is the Chamois a little "too rugged"?  Is the Brown CXL more versatile?

post #91382 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryIII View Post
 

Hey all, given the recent posts on Brown CXL and Chamois, any thoughts between the two?  I am looking for an all weather casual LWB that can be dressed down (denim, chinos, etc.) and dressed up a little (but not too much), especially in inclement weather.  Is the Chamois a little "too rugged"?  Is the Brown CXL more versatile?

I think they are both good options. The CXL will definitely dress up better, but they both go very well with chinos, jeans, etc...

 

Another option that works well is Brown Alpine Grain. 

post #91383 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessaboots View Post

I think they are both good options. The CXL will definitely dress up better, but they both go very well with chinos, jeans, etc...

Another option that works well is Brown Alpine Grain. 
+1. I'd hop on those new Epaulet LWBs.
post #91384 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd V View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

Yes they are from unionmade! They are great, but have an interesting odor biggrin.gif

The soles might be an issue but I'll give them a shot, I'm a sucker for the brass eyelets and speed hooks

Does the chamois smell like cigarette smoke? I briefly had a pair that didn't fit well and I assumed the original owner was a smoker!

The smell of it was enough for me to return them - and they were purchased new from a retailer. My entire Master closet smelled like them after one night's storage in there.
post #91385 of 122416
post #91386 of 122416

I do like those Epaulet LWBs.  Thanks for the tip on Alpine Grain, I'll check them out.  Leffot also has a Brown CXL LWB pre-order that appears I can still get in on given my size, although it is double waterlock soles.  Thoughts on the double waterlock vs commando? Durability? Comfort? Versatility?

 

 

Some pics from their websites:

 

Leffot Brown CXL on waterlock LWB:

Alden x Leffot Longwing (20% PRE-ORDER DEPOSIT)

Leffot Chamois (not available in my size):

Alden x Leffot Longwing

Epaulet Brown CXL LWBs:

Alden for Epaulet Innsbruck Chromexcel Longwing

 

Thanks all!

post #91387 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

The smell of it was enough for me to return them - and they were purchased new from a retailer. My entire Master closet smelled like them after one night's storage in there.
Now I'm worried about my reverse chamois wingtip boot I have on order. I guess we'll see. Maybe I'll have to store them on the front porch. I'm not compromising the smell of cordovan wafting from my closet.
post #91388 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Now I'm worried about my reverse chamois wingtip boot I have on order. I guess we'll see. Maybe I'll have to store them on the front porch. I'm not compromising the smell of cordovan wafting from my closet.

http://www.tannergoods.com/products/stowaway-boot-bag-1

 

comes in a variety of colors. I use one when traveling with boots and like it very much

post #91389 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Now I'm worried about my reverse chamois wingtip boot I have on order. I guess we'll see. Maybe I'll have to store them on the front porch. I'm not compromising the smell of cordovan wafting from my closet.

Don't worry about the smell. it goes away.

post #91390 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Don't worry about the smell. it goes away.

thats what she said :rimshot:

post #91391 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

thats what she said rimshot.gif
I was all patting myself on the back for refraining from this...
post #91392 of 122416
post #91393 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Don't worry about the smell. it goes away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

thats what she said rimshot.gif
crackup[1].gif
post #91394 of 122416
post #91395 of 122416

Black Shell Grant Cap's

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.