or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6087  

post #91291 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustert View Post

Thanks Uncle Mac!
Terrific shine on your cap toe boots! Great looking socks too!

nephew,
thank you
post #91292 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Got to say that I am with Sazon again. Complimented your outfit rather well...

nephew,
thank you
post #91293 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.K View Post

Snuff suede from Unipair today
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

I love @unipair guy's make-ups.  Wish they were in the States so I could afford them!

post #91294 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Suede lwb x leffot


Wonderful... I guess you have summer-like weather all year long in San Diego.  I suppose can forgive you for wearing these after labor day!  :rotflmao: 

post #91295 of 122416


black calfskin sw on the modified last from moulded shoe

post #91296 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnc View Post
 

Just starting to come around on suede mainly because it seems tougher than I always thought. My question is whether anyone wears it when they know the weather will be bad? Will a coat of nano protector keep it looking good if exposed to snow and rain, or is it more like shell where it can handle bad weather but it is probably not recommended. 

 

My snuff suede V-Tip in crepe cole is my all time favourite for the rainy day. With a coat of protector everytime after I brushed it, water spot was never a problem to me. The crepe sole also provides an excellent grip in the tough weather.

 


Edited by stevefok - 9/16/14 at 3:15am
post #91297 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post
 

Ive gotten rained on numerous times wearing suede.  I try not to let it happen but I seemingly have the worst luck.

I coat mine with invulner.

I dont think I have ever had any damage to the suede, although after the last outing when I was stuck in a torrential downpour running across a parking lot, the white stiching is now sort of dingy.

Suede is still perfect.

 

Very good to hear as I plan on getting much use out of mine. Thanks Bobbo316.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevefok View Post
 

 

My snuff suede V-Tip in crepe cole is my all time favourite for the rainy day. With a coat of protector everytime after I brushed it, water spot was never a problem to me. The crepe sole also provides an excellent grip in the tough weather.

 

If mine end up looking like these I will be very happy. Man those are sweet.  Who makes those? Mine have  crepe soles as well.   Appreciate the response stevefok. Thanks.

post #91298 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

Been a while since I posted here. I've been trying to stay away to avoid the temptation of purchasing anymore pairs for awhile. A preorder I placed with Leffot back in March finally arrived today.



If I didn't already have the dark brown suede version of these from AoC, I would have preordered. I saw them in store on Saturday, they look great
post #91299 of 122416
Indys in the Wild: I saw a young gentleman this morning in NYC on the corner of Fulton and Nassau with what looked to be Natty Indys.

Was that anyone here?
post #91300 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious49 View Post

Been a while since I posted here. I've been trying to stay away to avoid the temptation of purchasing anymore pairs for awhile. A preorder I placed with Leffot back in March finally arrived today.

 

Good to see you didn't fall of the face of the earth.

The shoes look great.

post #91301 of 122416

Does anyone have any more information about the Tan Vegano Calf on the Winn Perry CT boot? Is this different than normal Alden Calf, and if so, what are its characteristics?

 

Thanks!

post #91302 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by odessaboots View Post

Does anyone have any more information about the Tan Vegano Calf on the Winn Perry CT boot? Is this different than normal Alden Calf, and if so, what are its characteristics?

Thanks!

I believe its a bit more supple than standard calf. Ask anyone here who has them and I'm sure they'll tell you its a gorgeous leather.
post #91303 of 122416

PSA:  Buy 1 Get 2 Free Shoe Trees on JA with Free shipping 

post #91304 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post
 

PSA:  Buy 1 Get 2 Free Shoe Trees on JA with Free shipping 

Hmm.  Lack of split toe might be a concern for off-brand, but might still be worth it.  Anyone have guidance on where S,M,L fall on Alden sizing?

 

thanks.

post #91305 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post

Hmm.  Lack of split toe might be a concern for off-brand, but might still be worth it.  Anyone have guidance on where S,M,L fall on Alden sizing?

thanks.

i'm a 10 barrie/truBal and the Large fits my shoes perfect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.