or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6054  

post #90796 of 122416

Folks, Alden/Leffot dropped off by UPS today. Lovely, but what's with the color/ spot bleeding on the antigue edge? I have not seen that much spotting/ variation on any other antigue edge. Others experience the same who got this make up? Something to be concerned about?

 

Thanks,

 

Mike

 

post #90797 of 122416

I am sure most will say, "they're just shoes......wear them and enjoy", but thats a tough one, especially since I would imagine that the reason you bought that specific model from Leffot was for the antique edge.....in the first pic, the appeal of the antique edge still shines through.

post #90798 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
 

Folks, Alden/Leffot dropped off by UPS today. Lovely, but what's with the color/ spot bleeding on the antigue edge? I have not seen that much spotting/ variation on any other antigue edge. Others experience the same who got this make up? Something to be concerned about?

 

Thanks,

 

Mike

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post
 

I am sure most will say, "they're just shoes......wear them and enjoy", but thats a tough one, especially since I would imagine that the reason you bought that specific model from Leffot was for the antique edge.....in the first pic, the appeal of the antique edge still shines through.

While I agree the quality is substandard, the issue is extremely minor.

It is excess dye on the sole edge.

It can be fixed in about 10 minutes if it is bothering the OP that much.

 

If he were to contact Leffot about it, they may say send them back, but he could ask for a ~$10 refund to have his cobbler touch them up. (Hell, I would do it myself, honestly)

post #90799 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

 

 

While I agree the quality is substandard, the issue is extremely minor.

It is excess dye on the sole edge.

It can be fixed in about 10 minutes if it is bothering the OP that much.

 

If he were to contact Leffot about it, they may say send them back, but he could ask for a ~$10 refund to have his cobbler touch them up. (Hell, I would do it myself, honestly)


I agree that it is minor and would definitely keep them myself.

 

Howeve, but I am sure it is dissappointing when that is the feature that differentiates that particular make up.

post #90800 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 


AE 65 last should be about the same as plaza. AE 65 will be a little more narrow

Thanks!

post #90801 of 122416

Many thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated, it's nice to see a place of courtesy and decorum on the web!  I haven't mastered the reply and quote functions to thank individuals, but thanks.  On the ravello wagon today too here,

RSC LWBs in the sun this morning!

post #90802 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

Too late to wear this year, but looking forward to spring with these.......I have not seen milkshake suede in person before, but it is a great color.....also, like the red brick sole which is very light and should be comfy to wear.....I ordered in 2 sizes and the larger will be going on the marketplace as they definitely run big.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Very nice. I'm a fan.
post #90803 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uluabob View Post

Many thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated, it's nice to see a place of courtesy and decorum on the web!  I haven't mastered the reply and quote functions to thank individuals, but thanks.  On the ravello wagon today too here,
RSC LWBs in the sun this morning! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Real nice. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #90804 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post

Folks, Alden/Leffot dropped off by UPS today. Lovely, but what's with the color/ spot bleeding on the antigue edge? I have not seen that much spotting/ variation on any other antigue edge. Others experience the same who got this make up? Something to be concerned about?

Thanks,

Mike
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Mike, just fiddle around with it a bit and it'll be fine, esp. after you wear it a few times.
I used to get worked up when I'd get Aldens with an apparent defect, but truly, unless it interferes with the actual wearing of the shoe, most will fade in time and become virtually unnoticed.

Great looking shoes, man. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #90805 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uluabob View Post

Many thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated, it's nice to see a place of courtesy and decorum on the web!  I haven't mastered the reply and quote functions to thank individuals, but thanks.  On the ravello wagon today too here,
RSC LWBs in the sun this morning! Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Man Uluabob, you are crushing it with your first two posts. Keep em coming.
post #90806 of 122416

To my knowledge Ben Silver does not have any make up specific to Ben Silver.

 

They do stock C width D&E width in the majority of the models they carry, boots excluded.

post #90807 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipshot View Post

Prez .. Sorry I asked this before .. who does this makeup? I want it with regular single leather soles.. Best to ya!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
If I am not mistaken I bought the unlined PTB in color 8 shell cordovan with single flex sole from Trunkclothiers London about 2 yrs ago.
Leffot carries a similar makeup .
post #90808 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uluabob View Post

Many thanks for the welcomes, much appreciated, it's nice to see a place of courtesy and decorum on the web!  I haven't mastered the reply and quote functions to thank individuals, but thanks.  On the ravello wagon today too here,
RSC LWBs in the sun this morning!
Killing it sir. Carry on.
post #90809 of 122416

I think it was either Alden DC or Alden SF that carries color 8 unlined PTB in single waterlock soles. 

post #90810 of 122416
Butterscotch & Whiskey…


SF Family:
Epaulet Butterscotch Linen Walts
Howard Yount Socks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.