or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6037  

post #90541 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Telford View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Love me some snuff suede. Lookin good Uncle.

nephew,
thank you
post #90542 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Uncle, beautiful PTBs. That Snuff has a great color to it.

nephew,
thank you
post #90543 of 122416
Bored with the baby on a friday night, found these 52 year old boots from sears this week in my grandfathers garage. Decided to clean them up a little bit #patina



After

post #90544 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosheik View Post

For those of you who recall this discussion regarding the JCrew Plain Toe Suede boots in "Camel," I just got a call from JCrew stating that they have confirmed that they are actually on the Barrie, not the TB. I'm not sure how much I trust them, but it's worth noting how it's consistent with my initial impression (see above). Have you guys ever seen the "foot balance" heel on anything but a TB-lasted shoe before?

I'd bet money they are wrong. Those are great boots. They also look 1000% like TB.
post #90545 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Just spent 20 minutes brushing the hell outta my Dovers, but still couldn't get rid of the water spots.  For whatever reason this pair of shells holds the spots no matter what I do.  Maybe need to try some Leather Defender.  Oh well, I still love 'em.



Thams, just brush and occasionally wax and it should be gone in a few weeks or months.

-Mike
post #90546 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post


Thams, just brush and occasionally wax and it should be gone in a few weeks or months.

-Mike

Thanks Mike - I really should brush them more.  I try to do it every time I wear them, but I tend to put it off.  Reno helps, but I use it very sparingly to avoid over-conditioning.  Whenever I "stress" about it, I just tell myself that I'm on the road to patina.

post #90547 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post

Bored with the baby on a friday night, found these 52 year old boots from sears this week in my grandfathers garage. Decided to clean them up a little bit #patina
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


After
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Those look like some great upland hunting boots.  Many years of use still left in them - nice to see them nursed back to health!

post #90548 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thams View Post

Those look like some great upland hunting boots.  Many years of use still left in them - nice to see them nursed back to health!

Thank you! Gonna put them in rotation for a while, they dont really fit but ill make it happen
post #90549 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by inn8chiro View Post


Thank you! Gonna put them in rotation for a while, they dont really fit but ill make it happen

Those guys were made for the field for sure.  Wear them well!

post #90550 of 122416
Last Pair Cleaned Up Tonight



Closest thing I've found to the love of alden
post #90551 of 122416
Has anybody had experience ordering Plaza last boots or shoes in narrower widths? If so did the fit work better for you than a plain old D? Did it throw off the look? Any pictures to share?

I'm a C width and Plaza D is okay but I'm contemplating a C width special order. I've ordered Barrie in C width and one thing I've noticed is that the toe box gets a bit narrow while the heel is still relatively pronounced. I'm just curious how that ratio plays out on the Plaza last.
post #90552 of 122416
just wonder how many of people with brannock D width ended up with C on the barrie?

Having been wearing D width on my barrie, I sometimes think maybe C will fit me better, because I still get some tiny space around the pinky at the end of the day, which I don't mind.
post #90553 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEE88 View Post

Has anybody had experience ordering Plaza last boots or shoes in narrower widths? If so did the fit work better for you than a plain old D? Did it throw off the look? Any pictures to share?

I'm a C width and Plaza D is okay but I'm contemplating a C width special order. I've ordered Barrie in C width and one thing I've noticed is that the toe box gets a bit narrow while the heel is still relatively pronounced. I'm just curious how that ratio plays out on the Plaza last.

I am surprised that you go tts on the Barrie. I am a 10.5C tts and wear 10.5B on the Barrie and a 10.5C Plaza.

-Mike
post #90554 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


AF60 maiden voyage. Thanks Adam at AoC!

really nice ! Congrats!
post #90555 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post


AF60 maiden voyage. Thanks Adam at AoC!

Nice. nod[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.