or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 6015  

post #90211 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Black Shell Cap Toe Boot on the Barrie Last with Commando Sole.

I used to have a problem with this make-up, as I've long thought a black cap toe is super formal, such that putting it on a commando boot further confused the issue.  But I have done an about face, realizing the versatility and overall badness of the model.  It's the perfect evening boot, esp when going to parties, bars, concerts, and other crowded places where you want to look your best but need the durability and comfort throughout the night.  I plan to rock mine w jeans and a sport coat most of the time.

post #90212 of 122416
I'm looking for at least year old alden suede pics on here. How may I google that? I know you guys are good with using search parameters and all that. I'd just like to learn.
That Epaulet Olmsted shoe would really look great for what I'll be wearing this fall. I'm hesitant on the suede since I'm a Dad of a little one and maybe not to conscious of my feet and stains anyway but I can't stop checking it out.
post #90213 of 122416
Thanks much!
post #90214 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by i10casual View Post

I'm looking for at least year old alden suede pics on here. How may I google that?
That Epaulet Olmsted shoe would really look great for what I'll be wearing this fall. I'm hesitant on the suede since I'm a Dad of a little one and maybe not to conscious of my feet and stains anyway but I can't stop checking it out.

http://leffot.com/shop/index.php/shoe-care/nano-protector-1557.html

 

Watch the video.

post #90215 of 122416
Thanks. I bought some of that for a hat and it's worked wonders.
post #90216 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Wishing all a productive, successful back- to- work season!

Leather Soul Plaza Color 8 boot Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


nephew,
looking good
post #90217 of 122416
I feel like I miss so much of this thread when I don't pay attention for a few days. I've been moving apartments in NYC and have been distracted. My new place has much better sunlights and floor to ceiling windows - all the better to take Alden photos...

Are any retailers selling snuff suede high boots? A stray 9.5E Context Snuff Roy boot sold before I could order it.
post #90218 of 122416
Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Shell Longwings on Leydon Last.

on the whole, a fairly aggressive September look...

post #90219 of 122416
308az9j.jpg
king saddle
argyles otc
2hn57ux.jpg
post #90220 of 122416

What exactly goes into a recrafting/refurbishing when done by Alden or another high-quality cobbler? I'm lusting after some more pairs of shell, but in the absence of many offerings in Cigar, Whiskey, or Ravello, I'm considering going used. However, I know that the way shoes break in is unique to one's own individual feet, and I'm pretty committed to wanting the footbed to be broken in for my feet. If I bought a pair of used shell shoes and sent them for recrafting, could the footbed (and any cork in there) and leather lining be replaced? 

post #90221 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheartny View Post
 

What exactly goes into a recrafting/refurbishing when done by Alden or another high-quality cobbler? I'm lusting after some more pairs of shell, but in the absence of many offerings in Cigar, Whiskey, or Ravello, I'm considering going used. However, I know that the way shoes break in is unique to one's own individual feet, and I'm pretty committed to wanting the footbed to be broken in for my feet. If I bought a pair of used shell shoes and sent them for recrafting, could the footbed (and any cork in there) and leather lining be replaced?

Short answer is yes.

AE or Alden recrafting will both replace the corkbed, if needed. I am sure BNelson will as well, but I am not 100% certain.

As for the sock liner, I don't know.

post #90222 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I feel like I miss so much of this thread when I don't pay attention for a few days. I've been moving apartments in NYC and have been distracted. My new place has much better sunlights and floor to ceiling windows - all the better to take Alden photos...

Are any retailers selling snuff suede high boots? A stray 9.5E Context Snuff Roy boot sold before I could order it.

I have been spying these recently—they look like a great fall boot.  Looks like D width only.  

 

post #90223 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Shell Longwings on Leydon Last.

on the whole, a fairly aggressive September look...

 

Dear Mr Chorizo,

 

I thought we had agreed that your photos would no longer include your chorizo. 

 

Sincerely,

The Alden Community

post #90224 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr chorizo View Post

Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Shell Longwings on Leydon Last.


on the whole, a fairly aggressive September look...



Dear Mr Chorizo,

I thought we had agreed that your photos would no longer include your chorizo. 

Sincerely,
The Alden Community

crackup[1].gif
post #90225 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeebs View Post

Dear Mr Chorizo,

I thought we had agreed that your photos would no longer include your chorizo.  ALSO DEM LEGS.

Sincerely,
The Alden Community
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.