or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5998  

post #89956 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheartny View Post
 

I'm looking for a pair of Alden chukkas in Ravello, Whiskey, or Cigar shell. Are they made in those colors? Any idea where I might be able to find them in an 11D? I know they're rare!  

they are made in all of those colors. try calling alden sf, dc and ny and see if they have any in stock, or else when the next run may be.  you can add yourself to the list.  

post #89957 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensanity View Post

Taking my only shells (for now) out for a spin:
Very nice color. I hope you pace yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

cigar indy
argyles otc
Very nice boots. I hope you pace yourself as well.

Great boots indeed! Talk to @mdubs about pacing. He'll fill you in on "speed-of-light" pacing! biggrin.gif
post #89958 of 122416

One more question about chukka sizing. I have two pairs of Aldens on the Barrie last in 11D, and both slip a little in the heel. I have a low volume foot and a narrow heel. The DC store has a Ravello chukka in both 11D and 10.5D, and since they don't have many laces, I'm considering ordering them in 10.5D. Can anyone comment on whether that size in the chukka might work for a low-volume foot with a narrow heel? I have some room in the toe of my 11D Barrie last shoes. 

post #89959 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


cigar indy
argyles otc
2clbt5.jpg
Lovely, you own a lot of dark shoes and boots, you must live in a very cool climate. Excellent presentation as always. People take notice of cuffed trousers/slacks please... IVY is timeless...
post #89960 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeheartny View Post
 

One more question about chukka sizing. I have two pairs of Aldens on the Barrie last in 11D, and both slip a little in the heel. I have a low volume foot and a narrow heel. The DC store has a Ravello chukka in both 11D and 10.5D, and since they don't have many laces, I'm considering ordering them in 10.5D. Can anyone comment on whether that size in the chukka might work for a low-volume foot with a narrow heel? I have some room in the toe of my 11D Barrie last shoes. 

What you probably really need is a C width.

post #89961 of 122416

With rain in the forecast I went pretty plain today...

 

post #89962 of 122416
Still looking for pics of the Jcrew tassel..
post #89963 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

There are more than 2 criteria to see if a shoe fits.

Brannock uses 3, but the shortcoming is with volume and instep height.

http://brannock.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/brannock/instructions.html

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmy127 View Post


There's not a correct amount. It's based on your own feet. Like bkotsko linked, it varies due to the different measurements. My heel-to-toe Brannock size is about 12.6, my heel-to-instep is 13, and my width is C. I have 12D Barrie shoes and boots that fit fantastically and have about a thumb width of space. I have 13D AEs in their 5-last, and the amount of space is closer to a thumb width and a half, but it's the right size for my instep.

 

Thanks guys. I'm wearing a pair of 10.5D Barrie PTBs which are comfortable and seem to fit correctly (based on what I'd read from the above) but I have slightly more toe-box room than I'm used to. About a thumb width on my right foot, a shade over that on my (smaller) left foot.

 

Again, thanks for the feedback. Trying to confirm this is my best size.

post #89964 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by what whale View Post
 

 

 

Thanks guys. I'm wearing a pair of 10.5D Barrie PTBs which are comfortable and seem to fit correctly (based on what I'd read from the above) but I have slightly more toe-box room than I'm used to. About a thumb width on my right foot, a shade over that on my (smaller) left foot.

 

Again, thanks for the feedback. Trying to confirm this is my best size.

I have a longer arch length, so I always have toe room.

post #89965 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

cigar indy
argyles otc
2clbt5.jpg
Marvellous looking boots Uncle. I hope to add a pair of shell Indy's to the rotation this fall.
post #89966 of 122416
For anyone with a taste for blue suede semi-brogues, Epaulet is blowing out pairs on the Hampton for $281.25. Use discount code: Summer-Sale-Extra-Discount
post #89967 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by REguy View Post

For anyone with a taste for blue suede semi-brogues, Epaulet is blowing out pairs on the Hampton for $281.25. Use discount code: Summer-Sale-Extra-Discount


Thank you my friend! I just bought my first pair of Rivet Chinos on sale.  (hope that was okay to use the code)

post #89968 of 122416
It works on all sale items. I grabbed a pair of Vass for $418. Pretty amazing deal.
post #89969 of 122416
I'll take better pics very soon, as well as an Alden family pic. I wanted to share my excitement for my first Cordovan experience. UPS just dropped off these wonderful AF53 boots! (I'm a boot guy)

-Color 8
-Trubalance
-Speed hooks
-Commando sole

post #89970 of 122416
I don't know who jdsasso is (if any of you) but Damn he has such a great collection. Few minutes of IG stalking: color 4 CTs, Viberg color 8s, and many more!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.