or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5969  

post #89521 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

After seeing DV's recent whiskey LWB post I decided to call Citishoes.......no LWBs, but the did say that they have 11 and 11.5 whiskey NSTs and and 11.5 cigar NSTs (all on barrie).....I already have ravello NSTs, but wanted to pass this along in case anyone else has been looking for either of these models.

Shoes or boot?

I own both in shoes but would love an nst boot
post #89522 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Magnifico!
Gracias.
post #89523 of 122416
i am really surprised how much i like the stock black indy.
post #89524 of 122416

Dear SF members...I'm  along time reader of this thread who after seeing endless beautiful pictures of shell LWB's, decided to pick up a pair online.  After close inspection of the shoes, I found this discoloration on the back part of the left shoe, along with some strange wear to the finishing of the heel.  The retailer has offered to replace them or give me a 20% discount on the pair.  Has anyone had issues like this before?  Would the discoloration come out after some wax and buffing?  Is there a way I can color in the wear on the heel?  Or would the 20% off not be worth the trouble?  Thanks for your responses.

 

 

 

post #89525 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Ravello Shell boots.


No need for spoiler. These are insane.
post #89526 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Ravello Shell boots.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


nephew,
looking good
post #89527 of 122416
@MrDV - I like your Cigar Indys biggrin.gif
post #89528 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsucesar View Post
 

Dear SF members...I'm  along time reader of this thread who after seeing endless beautiful pictures of shell LWB's, decided to pick up a pair online.  After close inspection of the shoes, I found this discoloration on the back part of the left shoe, along with some strange wear to the finishing of the heel.  The retailer has offered to replace them or give me a 20% discount on the pair.  Has anyone had issues like this before?  Would the discoloration come out after some wax and buffing?  Is there a way I can color in the wear on the heel?  Or would the 20% off not be worth the trouble?  Thanks for your responses.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Take the 20% and run. It's only a small blotch on the heel and probably not noticeable in most light. The edge trim can easily be darkened. It's a common shoe, so you can try your luck again if 20% doesn't entice you.

post #89529 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post


Shoes or boot?

I own both in shoes but would love an nst boot

 

shoes

post #89530 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLVol View Post

 

shoes

 



I was about to do some liquidating for some boots. Crisis avoided. However will keep that in mind.

I'd like to add a LWB first. Sounds like we're on the same hunt again. What size are you looking for?
post #89531 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Suede brush does wonders.  A suede eraser or old school suede powder also works well with undesirable scuffs and marks from the clutch of my 6 speed manual.  I have no problems driving with my suede footwear.

Really, a suede eraser would completely remove rubber marks on the left side of my light tan LHS's. I don't buy much suede because it ends up looking like heck after a few years wear.
post #89532 of 122416
My clutch pedal is mahogany with cordovan leather accents...I would not be caught dead driving a toppy'd clutch pedal....let alone brag about it.

My suede shoes with nano spray seem to clean up easier than they did before treated. With my big feet I too have gotten marks from car pedals. I do not anticipate spending lots of money on light colored suede shoes in the future...AE seconds are great for me.
post #89533 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post
 

Take the 20% and run. It's only a small blotch on the heel and probably not noticeable in most light. The edge trim can easily be darkened. It's a common shoe, so you can try your luck again if 20% doesn't entice you.

 

+1 take the 20%

post #89534 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post



Just received my NST boots on the Aberdeen. This is my first pair. Wearing them around the house to break them in. There is a bit of heel slippage but not much. My foot is secure in the boot. Also lacings are almost touching. Just want to make sure they fit/look well before I can't return them.

These are fantastic looking!! One of my all time favorite Alden makeups ... In King #8 that patinas nicer than the other shell colors no less. These are Keepers for sure!
post #89535 of 122416
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.