or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5921  

post #88801 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by breck81 View Post

I have a feeling you will be pleased with how this batch turned out. I couldn't be happier with my pair. Great shoes and great service from Kathy and the folks at Alden DC.

Couldn't agree more about service from Kathy, beyond helpful every step of the way. Will be buying more from her in the future for sure. Already added my name to lists for a few other makeups from DC.
post #88802 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistos View Post
 

 

So I sent an email to Leather Soul:

 

That's interesting, I thought.  So the sole itself is Alden's.  I called Alden Shop of San Francisco and asked if they had a Commando sole option for the 405s.  He said "We don't make anything like that."  I asked him what he'd recommend, and he said "I don't know what to tell you, we don't make anything like that."  Which was odd because this is on their website:

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=146&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=

 

So I guess I'm confused, if the boot is Alden and the sole is Alden, why can't I get them from any old Alden shop?  Why do I have to go through a Hawaii company that's always sold out?

 

Get out while you still can...

post #88803 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post
 

BK brings up a great question...  What is the quintessential "preppy" Alden make-up??  Suggestions and pics would be very nice...

I would go with BK on this one. IMO the saddles defines preppy.

 

Spectators could easily fit here thou too, not sure how many of these Alden has made.

 

Leffot has done an Alden spectator - a couple of sizes left according to the website.

post #88804 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistos View Post
 

 

So I sent an email to Leather Soul:

 

That's interesting, I thought.  So the sole itself is Alden's.  I called Alden Shop of San Francisco and asked if they had a Commando sole option for the 405s.  He said "We don't make anything like that."  I asked him what he'd recommend, and he said "I don't know what to tell you, we don't make anything like that."  Which was odd because this is on their website:

http://www.aldenshop.com/Store/DrawProducts.aspx?CategoryID=146&ParentID=4&PageID=&Action=

 

So I guess I'm confused, if the boot is Alden and the sole is Alden, why can't I get them from any old Alden shop?  Why do I have to go through a Hawaii company that's always sold out?

@Pistos--the demand for Alden's make-ups exceeds the supply by a huge margin. Additionally, many Alden make-ups--like the one you looked up on the LS website--are customized by the vendors and are proprietary to the vendors. As such, contractually they may not be sold by anyone else, including Alden (unless this is a pretty standard make-up). This said, if you want to get this particular Indy, you will need to get on the pre-order list and wait patiently anywhere from 6 months for the make-ups in calf skin on shell #8 or black, to several years for the rare shells, keeping fingers crossed you'll ever get them at all.    

post #88805 of 122416

Huh interesting.  Thanks all :)

post #88806 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

@IGotId I am down with pneumonia, so I have been just lying down all day today on the couch, besides from my trip to Urgent Care. I have some time on my hands and can't do much...

 

-Mike


Get well soon, mdubs! And remember, one of the fastest ways to recover from pneumonia is to get on another Alden pre-order list.

post #88807 of 122416

Need to get replacement laces for the Brixton boot in #8 (flat waxed cotton). Does anyone have a link for the matching lace at shoelacesexpress.com or elsewhere? 

post #88808 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post
 

Need to get replacement laces for the Brixton boot in #8 (flat waxed cotton). Does anyone have a link for the matching lace at shoelacesexpress.com or elsewhere? 

Call Alden - They will send you a pair gratis

post #88809 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikid View Post

Need to get replacement laces for the Brixton boot in #8 (flat waxed cotton). Does anyone have a link for the matching lace at shoelacesexpress.com or elsewhere? 
I would just email Alden with the model number. They will send for free. Unless you don't want Alden laces.
post #88810 of 122416
Blame it on the rain...CXL today

post #88811 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

So Alden Madison just posted some new grain leather samples on IG.

I really wish there was grain shell available...

That is my grail as of now.

The fact that they have an IG account is mind-blowing to me...have you seen their website???

post #88812 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

The fact that they have an IG account is mind-blowing to me...have you seen their website???
Right???

You should join. Bk, sazon, dubs, etc. and I have a good ole time on there.
post #88813 of 122416
What is there IG?
post #88814 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Right???

You should join. Bk, sazon, dubs, etc. and I have a good ole time on there.

+1000
post #88815 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skatenc123 View Post

What is there IG?

Their IG is:

http://instagram.com/aldenmadison

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.