or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5914  

post #88696 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justaround View Post
 

 

Many thanks for the answer. Now I сan catch a break. :)

 

The third one is Shell Cordovan Long Wing Tip. I bought a Burgundy Cordovan Paste Wax or it's good to use some Saphir too?

 

Thanks for the link I'm going to dig it.

 

Oh and one more thing, I've searched a bit but do you have a list of acronyms sometimes it's hard to understand what are CXL, LWB, LS, NATCXL?

 

Thanks,  

Faffer

Yep, either Venetian or Saphir are good for cordovan but should be used sparingly. Wax should only be used once in a blue moon. Search for the "Mac method" on the SF. 

CXL: Chromexcel

LWB: Longwing blucher

LS: I presume you meant LHS, leasure hand sewn

NATCXL: Natural Chromexcel

PTB: Plain toe blucher

post #88697 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Paul? Is che still over at leffot?

Not sure who Paul is but Che is still there. She rocks!
post #88698 of 122416
#8 Straight tip blucher on Aberdeen
post #88699 of 122416
Looks great ZP!
post #88700 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post

#8 Straight tip blucher on Aberdeen
Well done!
post #88701 of 122416
A while back I walked into Citishoes and saw a pair of Cigar NST's, tried them on, hemmed and hawed and decided against them. Ever since I have been kicking myself for not grabbing them.

I got pretty lucky last week..while in NYC shopping for wedding dresses and celebrating my birthday I saw them again (not the same pair!). Jumped on them this time.



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



By the way, if anyone is interested Citishoes has Cigar Bal's (I believe the same shoes that were on the seconds list at TSM and caused quite a stir here). They also have a pair or two of Whiskey LHS (unsure of sizes as I already have a pair).
post #88702 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

A while back I walked into Citishoes and saw a pair of Cigar NST's, tried them on, hemmed and hawed and decided against them. Ever since I have been kicking myself for not grabbing them.

I got pretty lucky last week..while in NYC shopping for wedding dresses and celebrating my birthday I saw them again (not the same pair!). Jumped on them this time.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



By the way, if anyone is interested Citishoes has Cigar Bal's (I believe the same shoes that were on the seconds list at TSM and caused quite a stir here). They also have a pair or two of Whiskey LHS (unsure of sizes as I already have a pair).

 

Nice score, though I'm not sure how they will look with your wedding dress.  Maybe you should go with something lighter?

post #88703 of 122416
This refers back to some discussion several pages ago, but regarding Alden themselves talking about inventing the tassel loafer, and Alden advertising in general being almost non-existent, here is a postcard Alden DC sent out a few years ago. It doesn't seem to do much other than say, "Hey, we're here, and we have shoes." It was very unusual to get, all things considered.

AldenPostCard_zps6c8962e0.jpg
post #88704 of 122416

I am looking for boots and with the Sample Sale coming up for Viberg I was wondering if anyone knew if the Indy Boots ever seem to go on sale anywhere?

post #88705 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by classybison View Post

I am looking for boots and with the Sample Sale coming up for Viberg I was wondering if anyone knew if the Indy Boots ever seem to go on sale anywhere?
With a few rare exceptions that cannot be predicted, no. If you are patient you can check B&S on here and eBay.
post #88706 of 122416
Maiden voyage (wish me a safe return!)...
ydeqaqa2.jpg
post #88707 of 122416

You are quite safe with those delights beneath your feet! :slayer:

post #88708 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

You are quite safe with those delights beneath your feet! :slayer:


Thanks, RTP.
post #88709 of 122416
@gosheik stunning. Can't wait for mine to arrive should be Thursday.
post #88710 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAF-8AF View Post

This refers back to some discussion several pages ago, but regarding Alden themselves talking about inventing the tassel loafer, and Alden advertising in general being almost non-existent, here is a postcard Alden DC sent out a few years ago. It doesn't seem to do much other than say, "Hey, we're here, and we have shoes." It was very unusual to get, all things considered.
 

 

In contrast the Japanese distributor has been doing a fantastic job marketing the Alden brand.   Allegedly Alden sells more shoes in Japan than anywhere else.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.