Yes, this is an order fulfillment from January.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5913post #88681 of 1224168/9/14 at 4:09pmpost #88682 of 1224168/9/14 at 4:12pmpost #88683 of 1224168/9/14 at 4:27pm
Hey guys. I've learned a lot on style forum. And this thread also. Ive purchased 3 alden boots. 1 of which was from a guy on styleforum. Ive read some wonderful advice on here as far as sizing and polishing goes. So here is what i want to do. I purchased a pair of Alden plain toe balmoral in dark burgundy (color 8 i believe) model 934 from a thrift shop today. They are a size 10.5 b/d and i believe there are on the aberdeen last. Yes they need some work ( both have plastic toe caps, 1 has a heal cap, other heel cap is broken off). the soles have wear. and the colors is not perfect. they also don't have shoe laces, have multiples light scratches, and a lot of pigment around the lace holes. I want to offer them up to somebody who would get some use out them for cost plus shipping. as they are 2 sizes to big for me. I DO NOT want to see these go up on ebay. I paid 6$ for them so this is the chance for somebody to get some shell shoes for around 20-25$.
Will be uploading images in a minute.
***edited to add rules as I've had multiple PMs within seconds. Im going to give it tell noon tomorrow then chose someone at random to receive the shoes.***
Edited by Skatenc123 - 8/9/14 at 6:32pmpost #88684 of 1224168/9/14 at 4:37pmpost #88685 of 1224168/9/14 at 4:39pmpost #88686 of 1224168/9/14 at 5:37pmpost #88687 of 1224168/9/14 at 5:55pmpost #88688 of 1224168/9/14 at 6:18pmpost #88689 of 1224168/9/14 at 7:12pmpost #88690 of 1224168/9/14 at 7:34pmpost #88691 of 1224168/9/14 at 8:02pmJust pre-ordered Leffot reverse chamois leather Greenwich boots for Toronto rain and snow weather. Looks like no more 8.5D @docalden2013
I think these boots will be used a lot! Congrats to all who got on the pre-order so far.post #88692 of 1224168/9/14 at 8:06pmQuote:
The seller has actually just ended the auction for the Cigar Pitt. Pretty disappointing, as these were my size.post #88693 of 1224168/9/14 at 10:35pmi decided to send the black indys back to leffot and get on the natty cxl pre-order - at least i hope did. i made the transaction over the phone but haven't gotten the paypal invoice yet. for those wondering, the guy a i spoke to (paul) said that a C width would be no problem.post #88694 of 1224168/10/14 at 5:20ampost #88695 of 1224168/10/14 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by cincikid
CXL: You can do either Venetian Shoe Cream of Saphir Renovateur. Nich Horween recommends VSC but Saphir is just as good or probably better (though it is much more expensive as well). Some people would also use mink oil on CXL, particularly on natural CXL.
Chamois: You do not need any shoe care products since it is saturated with oils. I brush mine once in a blue moon.
You did not provide any information about your third pare, but you can go through one of the numerous SF threads dedicated to the shoe care, like this.
Many thanks for the answer. Now I сan catch a break.
The third one is Shell Cordovan Long Wing Tip. I bought a Burgundy Cordovan Paste Wax or it's good to use some Saphir too?
Thanks for the link I'm going to dig it.
Oh and one more thing, I've searched a bit but do you have a list of acronyms sometimes it's hard to understand what are CXL, LWB, LS, NATCXL?
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 2 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › How do I describe this pants pattern change? 3 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 5 minutes ago
- › Narrow feet 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...