Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 8:50 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5889post #88322 of 1224168/5/14 at 5:39pmpost #88323 of 1224168/5/14 at 5:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by mistercitizen
Indy boots in color 8 with the double waterlock leather sole from a few days ago. Still kicking around whether the fit is right..... they may be a bit small at 11 B/D:
Ben, great #8 Indy Boots! I know many here would disagree with me, but I prefer the Cordovan Indy on the Plaza Last, but I readily admit that I just adore the Plaza Last.Quote:Originally Posted by bkotsko
Whiskey, anyday. (Not just Wednesdays)
Great looking Whiskeys BK. The creasing in this model is very difficult to remove... :-( But, you wear them well.Quote:Originally Posted by sazon
King Naval Boots.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Saz, my main man! Glad to see more Aldens on you! You are killing me, I have a pair of these bad boys in prod and then you have to go off and post an insane picture like this! Looking good and keep them Alden pics flowing!Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Originally Posted by gosheik
Thanks, guys. They are equally striking in person. In fact, I never thought I'd like an NST. That split toe stitching always seemed a bit "too much" for me. BUT, I happened to walk in to Unionmade's new LA store several weeks ago and these puppies just jumped off the shelf. I never knew natural CXL could look so good. Absolutely love the contrast with the dark laces. Asked for my size and, low and behold, it was one of the two pairs remaining from their "grand opening special make-ups." In other words, pure, unadulterated dumb-luck on my part. I have to guess all of this makes it very unlikely that one could easily find another pair of this make-up (at the moment, anyway), but who knows.
Wait! How did you get that picture of my closet???!!!??? Just kidding, I wish! Mine is a mess.Quote:
Bonggoy, I agree completely and utterly with you. To me, the Ravello LWB is the best Alden made.
Uncle Mac, those look sweet, it is easy to forget the Alden classics and you wear them very nicely! The color on your #8 is a very nice medium #8 color.Quote:Originally Posted by Don L
Don, your pictures always stand out! Your Brooks Bros Sand Suede LHSes are looking awesome. Hope that you are enjoying your summer!Quote:Originally Posted by mbaum
Mine came in, too. They look, smell and taste absolutely perfect!
Congrats on your #8 on Antique Tankers. Those are looking sweet!Quote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Couldn't wait for Wednesday...Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Tom's (from Alden SF) patina on his pair were inspiring; as I always say, wear and enjoy often in great health my friends!
RTP, RTP, RTP, those are some killer Whiskey Balmorals. This is coincidentally one of my favorite pairs of Aldens, although I am aware that it is an odd pairing of color and design formality, but I think it is awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by Buddy0329
Trying on my #8 Wingtip commando boots for the first time. They feel great right out of the box. I love them. My first pair of Alden shell cordovan:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Buddy, you have done very well on your first pair of Shell Aldie's! Take good care of them and enjoy them for many years to come.Quote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Ok here are some pics of the new Tankers guys, excited to have these in my collection. Congrats to everyone who snagged a pair!
Buzran, you did a magnificent job with your pictures! Lighting is the key to capturing the true tones of the shoe and you nailed it. Keep up the good work, you are making me sort of regret passing on these guys. But I keep reminding myself of the fact that I don't like the NST design as much... I don't like the NST design as much... Yeah, it doesn't work.Quote:Originally Posted by CEE88
Looks like Christmas in August around here - fresh Tankers & Longwings abound!
I too received a package today - Alden DC Ravello LWBs. Brown definitely dominates in this batch of Ravello, red tones in repose. iPhone pics below, indoors to shade to sun, comparing the new Ravello with my 4 year old Cigars:
(Can you tell which is which in this shot?) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
CEE, it is nice to finally see some decent outdoor and comparison shots of the new Ravellos. I suspect that they will lighten a bit rather quickly with some wear and absorption of the energy from our awesome sun! I think that they can fit into your closet in addition to your older and beautiful Cigar LWBs, but I think most here know that there is a soft spot in my heart for Ravello and particularly Ravello LWBs.
Have a great one all! I hope to get some time to pull pics off my camera soon-ish!
-Mikepost #88324 of 1224168/5/14 at 5:46pmpost #88325 of 1224168/5/14 at 5:47pmQuote:
I agree that this is an awesome design, but my personal favorite Whiskey make-up is the Whiskey Indy. This is nipping on its heals though!post #88326 of 1224168/5/14 at 5:49pmQuote:
Interesting thought. I do find it strange that most stores offer wide and even sometimes extra-wide fittings in a lot of different styles, but narrow and extra-narrow shoes are much much harder to come by. Are there more wide-footed people out there, or are there just more of them buying higher quality footwear?post #88327 of 1224168/5/14 at 6:16pm
FYI I'm an 11C on the Brannock and all these fit me fine.post #88328 of 1224168/5/14 at 6:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse
Interesting thought. I do find it strange that most stores offer wide and even sometimes extra-wide fittings in a lot of different styles, but narrow and extra-narrow shoes are much much harder to come by. Are there more wide-footed people out there, or are there just more of them buying higher quality footwear?
I try to look for the silver lining.... Having to wait for pre-orders actually helped me space out the cash flow requirementspost #88329 of 1224168/5/14 at 7:06pmpost #88330 of 1224168/5/14 at 7:13pmpost #88331 of 1224168/5/14 at 7:17pmpost #88332 of 1224168/5/14 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by MrDV
Much thanks DV; that's quite meaningful coming from you!
Much thanks friend!
Much thanks BK!Quote:
Much thanks CEE88!Quote:
I have gotten over the odd balmoral-informal color contradiction. Thanks dubs!
Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I agree that this is an awesome design, but my personal favorite Whiskey make-up is the Whiskey Indy. This is nipping on its heals though!
I think I agree with mdubs on this one if the whiskey work boot is on the plaza last. [Kind of hard to imagine a "work boot" on plaza] Nevertheless, very happy to have either!
THANKS GENTS!post #88333 of 1224168/5/14 at 7:24pmpost #88334 of 1224168/5/14 at 7:27pmpost #88335 of 1224168/5/14 at 7:30pm
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 12 seconds ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › Julius 497 BLM12 - C 12 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Julius 497 PAM25 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 21 minutes ago
- › Engagement ring advice 30 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 30 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 48 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway