Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 8:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5874post #88097 of 1224168/4/14 at 8:38amQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Darn you guys. You caused me to finally get my first pair of selvedge raw denim. I am just doing a test run with a pair of Unbranded. I plan to try out some other brands but wanted to ensure that I knew what I was doing first before I spent enough to buy a pair of rare shell on two pairs of jeans. Denim and Alden pics to ensue on Fridays and weekends.
What denim are you all rockin with your Aldies?
My selvedge collection includes:
Jean Shop Rockers (indigo and natural) - Made in USA
3:16 ST-100 (black) - Made in USA
Paul Rose Slub - Made in Canada
Flat Head Z3005 - Made in Japan
Blue in Green N-02 - Made in Japan
RL Black Label - Made in Turkey
Each pair is unique and without looking at the tags, I can identify the denim by texture and shade alone ... particularly the black and natural pair I only flash the selvedge line on the Jean Shop Rockers ... I really like the orange line.
My recommendation to you is to focus on fit first ... only if you develop a preference for particular shades, materials or wear characteristics, should you consider the more pricy models.
For instance, the 975 would be an absolute waste on all of my buddies because they can't appreciate the qualities of shell, the eggplant tones or classic Barrie last. Their desires are perfectly fulfilled with a pair of burgundy, corrected grain Aldo's.Quote:
Fixed that for you.post #88098 of 1224168/4/14 at 8:51ampost #88099 of 1224168/4/14 at 8:59amLocated a pair of #8 wingtip boots on commando. I'm very keen to see how they compare to my burgundy shell Dalton boots. I may keep both pair since I wouldn't mind a dressier option that can handle inclement weather.
I ordered the same size as my Daltons so hopefully that works; I wouldn't mind a little more height across the toebox in the Alden's since that always feels a bit awkward feeling when I first put on the AE's.post #88100 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:04ampost #88101 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:20ampost #88102 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:25ampost #88103 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:25ampost #88104 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:33ampost #88105 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:35ampost #88106 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:51ampost #88107 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:51ampost #88108 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:53ampost #88109 of 1224168/4/14 at 9:54am
Oh Alden sages,
Hoping for some expert advice on various (some might say minute) differences between versions of the Alden 97873 - the LWB in Natural Chromexcel.
I feel in love with the Leffot version, long sold out, pictured here:
I love these and, although they're not available from Leffot, found versions from Alden Madison and elsewhere. That version, however, has a darker (I hope I'm using the correct term here) upper welt.
I realize it's a minor detail but - maybe this is just me - it gives the shoe a completely different look. I really want the lighter version a la Leffot.
It appears I've found that via the Bureau Belfast.
As best I can tell this is identical to the Leffot shoe. Would most of you with a keen eye agree? Furthermore, has anyone dealt with the Bureau Belfast? If so, positive experiences?
I realize this may seem a bit pedantic but I love the shoes and, well, this is a forum dedicated to great footwear. I suppose we're all a bit pedantic at times :)
Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
EDIT - Just realized the Bureau is selling in pounds and not Euros and therefore what became a reasonably costed import just became prohibitively expensive. Darn. I'm on Leffot's list should they rerun the CXLLWB but the sales associate I spoke with didn't seem to think that would be anytime soon.
Edited by what whale - 8/4/14 at 10:14ampost #88110 of 1224168/4/14 at 10:00am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 seconds ago
- › Chukka with Jeans - Suede or Leather? 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › BLACK SWEATERS! SF APPROVED? 12 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 17 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...