Yeah, if they are a 3, that means they were the 2013 run of which I bought mine from.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 6:05 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5819
Styleforum Top Pickspost #87272 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
You could try the BB version. The eyelets though, are matching color (not sure they "pop" enough for you Burzan, but I highly recommend)...
The color here looks a little darker. I need to brush them in a different direction for a lighter shade. I really like these and got them 30% of a few months ago.
Ooooooh yeah that is probably the solution, how do you feel about them being lined vs the regular version? I suppose it only makes the difference in having to wear a sock liner compared to going full sockless in the unlined version. Maybe slightly less slipper like hahapost #87273 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by ironclad
This morning after getting dressed, I looked for my Color 8 chukkas on commando. Couldn't find them. I shuffled around my 13 boxes of Aldens, double-checking all the numbers and labels. Still couldn't find them. Then I started to panic. I hastily began opening boxes to make sure that I hadn't put my Color 8 chukkas back into the wrong box. Beads of sweat started to build up on my forehead. Had I lost them? Did I leave them somewhere? Where were they?!
That's when I realized I don't even own Color 8 chukkas on commando...
Yup, that happened this morning. So I mixed things up a bit and went with these.
Funny, that's the exact opposite of what happened to a SF member last year, can't recall his name, who "forgot" that he had a pair of Whiskey SWBs hiding in the back of his closet.post #87274 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
Haha, I remember that one. Would much rather have been finding a pair of long-lost whiskey swb this morning.post #87275 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:22pmpost #87276 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:24pmpost #87277 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:31pmpost #87278 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:33pmpost #87279 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:37pmpost #87280 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by totalair1
My Whiskey PTB arrived from Alden SF and I did not bother trying them on. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Unfortunate, but the right call IMO.post #87281 of 1224167/21/14 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
My man! I feel the exact same way. I'm thinking the dressiest last I'll ever go with is Plaza (looking for Indys and NSTs on that last; I know J Gilbert is one placeQuote:
Leffot offered a wingtip blucher boot in the smooth chamois. Has a water lock sole.post #87282 of 1224167/21/14 at 7:11pmpost #87283 of 1224167/21/14 at 8:00pmpost #87284 of 1224167/21/14 at 10:00pmQuote:Awesome in every way. I may have to wear mine this week.Originally Posted by bkotsko
Ravello in the morning sun.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:I'm picturing Ron Swanson opening his hand crafted american made ptbs and seeing that defect. He would come unglued. I love Ron Swanson.Originally Posted by totalair1
My Whiskey PTB arrived from Alden SF and I did not bother trying them on. As you can see in the photo...there's a large rectangle area on the right right shoe that's darker than the rest of the shoe. As Ron White said: You can't fix stupid!
They are going back
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:These do make a compelling argument for king lwb. Great shoes.Originally Posted by mcarthur
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Nice grab. Petrol and shell go like peas and carrots.Originally Posted by docalden2013
Just ordered some petrol blue Walts from the Epaulet sale. All I need now are some ravello wt and nst boots to try for a @MrDV
picture. Oh wait, I need to call my landscaper too.post #87285 of 1224167/21/14 at 10:14pmQuote:Yes. I also want to try brass on ravello lwb to mimic mdubs jcrews.Quote:Fit pic is in order.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 16 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 34 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 37 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Recommend a good paring knife 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Valentines Day Gift Ideas For Men 2016 – Everythinghiphop.com 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...