Yeah, if they are a 3, that means they were the 2013 run of which I bought mine from.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 2:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5819post #87272 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
You could try the BB version. The eyelets though, are matching color (not sure they "pop" enough for you Burzan, but I highly recommend)...
The color here looks a little darker. I need to brush them in a different direction for a lighter shade. I really like these and got them 30% of a few months ago.
Ooooooh yeah that is probably the solution, how do you feel about them being lined vs the regular version? I suppose it only makes the difference in having to wear a sock liner compared to going full sockless in the unlined version. Maybe slightly less slipper like hahapost #87273 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by ironclad
This morning after getting dressed, I looked for my Color 8 chukkas on commando. Couldn't find them. I shuffled around my 13 boxes of Aldens, double-checking all the numbers and labels. Still couldn't find them. Then I started to panic. I hastily began opening boxes to make sure that I hadn't put my Color 8 chukkas back into the wrong box. Beads of sweat started to build up on my forehead. Had I lost them? Did I leave them somewhere? Where were they?!
That's when I realized I don't even own Color 8 chukkas on commando...
Yup, that happened this morning. So I mixed things up a bit and went with these.
Funny, that's the exact opposite of what happened to a SF member last year, can't recall his name, who "forgot" that he had a pair of Whiskey SWBs hiding in the back of his closet.post #87274 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:19pmQuote:
Haha, I remember that one. Would much rather have been finding a pair of long-lost whiskey swb this morning.post #87275 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:22pmpost #87276 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:24pmpost #87277 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:31pmpost #87278 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:33pmpost #87279 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:37pmpost #87280 of 1224167/21/14 at 5:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by totalair1
My Whiskey PTB arrived from Alden SF and I did not bother trying them on. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Unfortunate, but the right call IMO.post #87281 of 1224167/21/14 at 6:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by sacafotos
My man! I feel the exact same way. I'm thinking the dressiest last I'll ever go with is Plaza (looking for Indys and NSTs on that last; I know J Gilbert is one placeQuote:
Leffot offered a wingtip blucher boot in the smooth chamois. Has a water lock sole.post #87282 of 1224167/21/14 at 7:11pmpost #87283 of 1224167/21/14 at 8:00pmpost #87284 of 1224167/21/14 at 10:00pmQuote:Awesome in every way. I may have to wear mine this week.Originally Posted by bkotsko
Ravello in the morning sun.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:I'm picturing Ron Swanson opening his hand crafted american made ptbs and seeing that defect. He would come unglued. I love Ron Swanson.Originally Posted by totalair1
My Whiskey PTB arrived from Alden SF and I did not bother trying them on. As you can see in the photo...there's a large rectangle area on the right right shoe that's darker than the rest of the shoe. As Ron White said: You can't fix stupid!
They are going back
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:These do make a compelling argument for king lwb. Great shoes.Originally Posted by mcarthur
argyles otc Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Nice grab. Petrol and shell go like peas and carrots.Originally Posted by docalden2013
Just ordered some petrol blue Walts from the Epaulet sale. All I need now are some ravello wt and nst boots to try for a @MrDV
picture. Oh wait, I need to call my landscaper too.post #87285 of 1224167/21/14 at 10:14pmQuote:Yes. I also want to try brass on ravello lwb to mimic mdubs jcrews.Quote:Fit pic is in order.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Dylan & Son - Singapore - BEWARE! 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Is this too tight? 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Salvatore Ferragamo Ultramarine Embossed Calfskin Briefcase NWT 13 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...