or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5800  

post #86986 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by zennypoo View Post

Does anyone know where these boots are from? Or what color they should be? They look to be Alt Wien boots to me, but I've found only AoC made Alt Wien boots on plaza in black shell several years ago.

Could be an interesting gMTO idea if we have a willing vendor...
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Find the vendor that did the black Alt Wien shell boot and you'll have your answer (I'm pretty sure).

post #86987 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

I have five preorders with LS right now. Two with Leffot. I'm assuming only half of the LS preorders get built, if that (choco tanker and Ultimate Indy).

I wonder if the issue with LS is that they had too many styles? Back in the day, it seems like they had dozens of different variations of Alden shoes. Nowadays, Alden seems to have streamlined what they can sell to retailers a bit.

 

I've read several times that they kept a preferred buyer list, which pissed off a lot of people. Tom seemed super knowledgable and helpful with sizing questions, but I can't tell if Alden would care about that business practice enough to tarnish the relationship. A shame they won't open up a store in SF, Vegas, or Miami.

post #86988 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Gunboats look loaded and ready for battle! icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gifWear in great health Uncle!

nephew,
thank you
post #86989 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

I've read several times that they kept a preferred buyer list, which pissed off a lot of people. Tom seemed super knowledgable and helpful with sizing questions, but I can't tell if Alden would care about that business practice enough to tarnish the relationship. A shame they won't open up a store in SF, Vegas, or Miami.

Vegas and Miami seem to be more ferragamo territory IMO. SF could work though. Just seems odd the new arrivals would seemingly be updated daily..now they trickle in. I agree with Moose, they had some amazing makes up across a variety of manufacturers.
post #86990 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Yesterday: Cigar Captoe Blucher - Maiden Voyage


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





Today: Whiskey Wingtip Balmoral - Second Voyage
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





-Mike

What the.....where do you even get that? I would wear that captoe blucher to work everyday. 

post #86991 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

What the.....where do you even get that? I would wear that captoe blucher to work everyday. 
Luck.
post #86992 of 122416
post #86993 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Vegas and Miami seem to be more ferragamo territory IMO. SF could work though. Just seems odd the new arrivals would seemingly be updated daily..now they trickle in. I agree with Moose, they had some amazing makes up across a variety of manufacturers.

Miami is Ferragamo and Gucci, that might change with a new store in Midtown that has Alden, Gitman Vintage and some raw denim.
post #86994 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Yesterday: Cigar Captoe Blucher - Maiden Voyage
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






Today: Whiskey Wingtip Balmoral - Second Voyage



Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)





-Mike
Both shoes look spectacular. The cigars are just...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Wait. No. Maybe. Is it? Mike, is that a crease I see on your whiskeys???
Someone must have tried them on at the store before mike bought them. Mike doesn't crease shell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

King 4060 this morning in the sun. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Great color on your boots bk. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #86995 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

Mike - those cigar cap toes are just gorgeous

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

f9lr7.jpg
whiskey lwb
argyles otc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

nephew,
wear your cigar in good health

Quote:
Originally Posted by circleslife View Post

What the.....where do you even get that? I would wear that captoe blucher to work everyday. 

Saz, Mac, Circles, Steve, thank you very much! They are an old pair from Alden DC. It was just luck that someone had a pair made in my exact narrow size and never took delivery.

Uncle, sweet LWBs! I miss mine already and they haven't even technically left yet.

-Dubs
post #86996 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Both shoes look spectacular. The cigars are just...
Someone must have tried them on at the store before mike bought them. Mike doesn't crease shell.
Great color on your boots bk. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

DV, sadly not. That is all dubs creasing. I had a custom narrow pair made for me. No one else had put them on their feet.
post #86997 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

Man, LS really seems to be getting out of the Alden business. I have nothing against their new stuff, I own 5 pairs of New Balance myself (not from LS), but they used to have so many beautiful Alden makeups

Something has to be up few make ups from Alden, EG, and St.C. it really seems to be limited to trickers, lobb, and new balance. I really do not understand the pair of sneakers with the best dress shoes in the world tbh.

+1 for sneakers confusion.
post #86998 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

@tifosi http://m.ebay.com/itm/261535164827?nav=SEARCH

I wonder if these are the ones I sold two weeks ago to another member? They went to CA but I don't remember where
post #86999 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoosicPa View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Something has to be up few make ups from Alden, EG, and St.C. it really seems to be limited to trickers, lobb, and new balance. I really do not understand the pair of sneakers with the best dress shoes in the world tbh.

Yeah I miss their make-ups, they used to get some interesting offerings. Now, they have limited stock (nothing in my size 2 months ago), no alden make-ups in process, they lost Cleverley earlier this year, closed LSBH, and mow offer JL standard models and sneakers.

On the positive side, they do currently offer the JL City Ii and Phillip Ii in Plum Museum Calf. This color is not available in either model on the JL website. George Cleverley is underrated.
post #87000 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I wonder if these are the ones I sold two weeks ago to another member? They went to CA but I don't remember where
Just capitalism at its finest. A true patriot, folks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.