Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5787  

post #86791 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

If I wouldn't get ridiculed at work (and probably at home, too) I'd use one of those pics as my PC wallpaper, LOL!
Yes, me too. Would get fired as porn is against office policy.
post #86792 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

Yes, me too. Would get fired as porn is against office policy.
Hadn't thought of that. Good point. I guess my wife wouldn't appreciate it, either... I can see it now "Is that what you want??? Am I not pretty enough???!!!???" LMAO!
post #86793 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasquirrel View Post

2nd day of wear and feeling great, snuff commando cap toes on the modified.


Congrats. I love the Modified last. It is the most comfortable last for me
post #86794 of 122416
So, who else got their Haberdash order for Aldens cancelled frown.gif Was really looking forward to new suede.
post #86795 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
 

Your mom is a wise woman. If Ravello ages that beautifully as in your WT boot pic or @MrDV NST pic, I will be very, very happy. And happy to wear-and-wait for a few years ...

 

@MrDV's NST Boots actually came in that color, I think he has only worn them probably 3 times to date, they are just an older run of Ravello and is just their traditional, amazing Ravello color. I bought my shoes, "pre-patina'ed", but they have been worn a lot and have encountered a bit of a beating.

 

-Mike

post #86796 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


There they are...ugh!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

@MrDV

Gorgeous pair! Do you feel the Aberdeen is too sleek/dressy to be worn with jeans?

I'm also concerned my wide ish feet aren't well suited for the last. I have read others complain about the same predicament.

I'd probably need an 8E, since I'm an 8D in Barrie and Aberdeen runs long. I'd rather go wider than longer.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docalden2013 View Post


 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post


Double ugh!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


If I wouldn't get ridiculed at work (and probably at home, too) I'd use one of those pics as my PC wallpaper, LOL!
 

thanks for the kind words gentlemen.

sacafotos, like Alcibiades mentioned, Aberdeen fits tts and even narrower and shallower in the toe area for the nst boot. I do not wear Aberdeen with jeans, they seem a bit dressy.

tifosi and buda, my home pc sometimes uses old photos including my alden selfies as screen savers, they scroll across the screen. quite embarrassing.

post #86797 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaum View Post
 

Your mom is a wise woman. If Ravello ages that beautifully as in your WT boot pic or @MrDV NST pic, I will be very, very happy. And happy to wear-and-wait for a few years ...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

@MrDV's NST Boots actually came in that color, I think he has only worn them probably 3 times to date, they are just an older run of Ravello and is just their traditional, amazing Ravello color. I bought my shoes, "pre-patina'ed", but they have been worn a lot and have encountered a bit of a beating.

 

-Mike


mdubs is correct. my ravello boots are from an older run and came in that sahde.

mdubs, your boots look great sir.

post #86798 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmitty View Post

So, who else got their Haberdash order for Aldens cancelled frown.gif Was really looking forward to new suede.

cancelled as well.
post #86799 of 122416

First day out with new #8 Dovers.  Unlined 9Ds feel pretty close to my old 975s in 9C.  Very comfortable right out of the box.  

 

Looks like the beginning of great friendship....

 

 

post #86800 of 122416
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine is looking for a the AF110 (No. 8 Shell Cordovan Longwing) and Alden of Carmel has them backordered at least until the fall. Is that shoe specific to Alden of Carmel, or is there any other store that may have it in stock? I called Alden of NYC and they only stock shell longwings with leather soles.

Thanks
post #86801 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina View Post
 

First day out with new #8 Dovers.  Unlined 9Ds feel pretty close to my old 975s in 9C.  Very comfortable right out of the box.  

 

Looks like the beginning of great friendship....


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Where is that makeup from? They look fantastic, I think the dover pattern is great. Congrats on the purchase!

post #86802 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

Where is that makeup from? They look fantastic, I think the dover pattern is great. Congrats on the purchase!

Leffot on the insole

post #86803 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Leffot on the insole
Reading is cheating.
post #86804 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

Leffot on the insole

 

Guess I should have enlarged it haha. I didn't suspect Leffot as the edge looked a bit darker in those pics.

post #86805 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

ravello Aberdeen nst Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)







Those ravello NST boots are my #1 Alden creation. Every time MrDV posts a picture of them I silently go "Ooohh". I hope someone will make them again one day. Plaza or Barrie would be fine too.

If anybody knows of a pre-order list of ravello NST boots, feel free to PM me...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.