The color 8 alt wien's are one of the best color combinations this year... congrats to those who pre-ordered
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5770
Styleforum Top Pickspost #86537 of 1224167/10/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
I agree, it's an awesome boot, specially with all eyelets, and Antique edge. I already have the #8 JCrew, and a #8 NST all eyelet on Aberdeen. Trying to decide if a #8 Naval fits in the rotation?
Stevepost #86538 of 1224167/10/14 at 8:13pmpost #86539 of 1224167/10/14 at 8:22pmpost #86540 of 1224167/10/14 at 8:44pmpost #86541 of 1224167/10/14 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by gforce
I'm a C width and can tell you that there is a big difference from the same last in a D width. If the Trubalance are CXL they will stretch a fair amount. For me I am a definite C in both lasts and find they fit similar after break in. Personally I prefer the extra toe room in the Truebalance. Hope that helps
That does help, as did the other comments. Thanks, all. Considering giving it a go, especially because the CXL will probably be forgiving if there is any tightness.post #86542 of 1224167/10/14 at 9:54pmQuote:
No you have it. The only difference is that the stock Alden model is on the slimmer Aberdeen last. Looks better withbsuots/business attire than the barrie- lasted version that is more casual because of the relative unsleakness of the barrie last.post #86543 of 1224167/10/14 at 9:55pmpost #86544 of 1224167/11/14 at 12:47ampost #86545 of 1224167/11/14 at 2:53amQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
Looks like the chart that was posted in here says that the 8C would be slightly narrower than the 7.5D so that probably wouldn't work.
I find that I could use just a hair more length and a hair more width in7.5D but sizing up to the 8D Barrie felt like way too much room in the heel. The Barrie last is likely just not a great fit for my narrow heels and low vamp.
Would love to try out some Plaza or Grant last stuff in an 8D.
I am an 8.5c in Brannock and wear 8c in Barrie. The total volume of the 7.5d vs 8c is equivalent. But I can't wear a 7.5d because I need more length (top of pinky toe hits leather). If you are a 7.5d then wearing a 8c would just mean you have more space in length. I think your foot will fill the volume of the shoe since the girth is equivalent. Don't forget the other consideration to think about is the heel. The c heel would be narrower (~A heel). So if the heel of the d fits you we'll, you my find the heel of the c may not work.post #86546 of 1224167/11/14 at 5:03amQuote:Originally Posted by green garden
I am an 8.5c in Brannock and wear 8c in Barrie. The total volume of the 7.5d vs 8c is equivalent. But I can't wear a 7.5d because I need more length (top of pinky toe hits leather). If you are a 7.5d then wearing a 8c would just mean you have more space in length. I think your foot will fill the volume of the shoe since the girth is equivalent. Don't forget the other consideration to think about is the heel. The c heel would be narrower (~A heel). So if the heel of the d fits you we'll, you my find the heel of the c may not work.
Thanks! This is great info. You are really making me think that the 8c could be the answer.post #86547 of 1224167/11/14 at 5:18ampost #86548 of 1224167/11/14 at 5:46amQuote:
A little work on my ravello LWB last night...
Not sure I'd agree that the J Crew make-up is the best Ravello LWB, but I would certainly acquire them if given another chance.post #86549 of 1224167/11/14 at 5:52am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 7 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 9 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 17 minutes ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 24 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.