or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5752  

post #86266 of 122416
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Preach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Classy and very pious MrDV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Alden owes MrDV at least one MTO for all the purchases his photos have inspired.

(Hint: cigar NST on Barrie, commando, antique, eyelets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Fine saddles my friend...  still second-guessing my decision to pass on these.  Enjoy often and in great health DV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Those are beautiful DV!
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Sacafotos mentioned alden should show some appreciation for my photos, I agree. I would like a factory tour. Alden could charge a tour fee for charity. It really wouldn't cost them anything, a tour would be awesome. Someone get leffot to set up a factory tour pre-sale.
post #86267 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Sacafotos mentioned alden should show some appreciation for my photos, I agree. I would like a factory tour. Alden could charge a tour fee for charity. It really wouldn't cost them anything, a tour would be awesome. Someone get leffot to set up a factory tour pre-sale.

You would only have 2.5 seconds to pre order. Hope you have a dedicated OC-192.
post #86268 of 122416
Dapper Flash Boys: High Frequency Alden Purchasing
post #86269 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Preach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Classy and very pious MrDV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Alden owes MrDV at least one MTO for all the purchases his photos have inspired.

(Hint: cigar NST on Barrie, commando, antique, eyelets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Fine saddles my friend...  still second-guessing my decision to pass on these.  Enjoy often and in great health DV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Those are beautiful DV!
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Sacafotos mentioned alden should show some appreciation for my photos, I agree. I would like a factory tour. Alden could charge a tour fee for charity. It really wouldn't cost them anything, a tour would be awesome. Someone get leffot to set up a factory tour pre-sale.

Given everything I've heard about Alden being in a bubble for the sake of "tradition," we should tell them NOT to do factory tours because "it would be too old school; nobody does that anymore."

Reverse psychology.
post #86270 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Sacafotos mentioned alden should show some appreciation for my photos, I agree. I would like a factory tour. Alden could charge a tour fee for charity. It really wouldn't cost them anything, a tour would be awesome. Someone get leffot to set up a factory tour pre-sale.

Tell me about it. I am about 45 minutes from the plant and my close friend 5 minutes. It's like Willy Wonka opening up the gates...

I was there a few months ago dropping of a pair for re-finishing and asked again. However, they claimed for insurance reasons they don't do tours. They do seem to allow MA State Troopers as they have a special fitting area for boots for them, so perhaps our best bet is to join police academy?

post #86271 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Tell me about it. I am about 45 minutes from the plant and my close friend 5 minutes. It's like Willy Wonka opening up the gates...

I was there a few months ago dropping of a pair for re-finishing and asked again. However, they claimed for insurance reasons they don't do tours. They do seem to allow MA State Troopers as they have a special fitting area for boots for them, so perhaps our best bet is to join police academy?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

You haven't been looking under your Alden's insoles for a golden ticket? There are still 2 left!
post #86272 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Tell me about it. I am about 45 minutes from the plant and my close friend 5 minutes. It's like Willy Wonka opening up the gates...

I was there a few months ago dropping of a pair for re-finishing and asked again. However, they claimed for insurance reasons they don't do tours. They do seem to allow MA State Troopers as they have a special fitting area for boots for them, so perhaps our best bet is to join police academy?

 

The insurance reason is an excuse.

They have every right to refuse tours, but it is really an excuse.

post #86273 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

well i got my first pair of aldens.
been looking for a pair of PTB chromexcels
for months. i got lucky and picked up a alden
for crew one with the plantation sole.

was a bit hesitant with the plantation sole but it turned out
better than expected. so comfy and can't imagine this with a normal
sole. the chromexcel is very very versatile and can imagine this to
be a daily wearer.

some pics Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






pic beside my AE clark street chromexcel so you can compare


Congrats on the first of many future pairs, Spoon. They look great. I have basically they same shoe in brown CXL and it is super versatile.
How do you feel they compare to the AE?
post #86274 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon View Post

well i got my first pair of aldens.
been looking for a pair of PTB chromexcels
for months. i got lucky and picked up a alden
for crew one with the plantation sole.

was a bit hesitant with the plantation sole but it turned out
better than expected. so comfy and can't imagine this with a normal
sole. the chromexcel is very very versatile and can imagine this to
be a daily wearer.

some pics Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)






pic beside my AE clark street chromexcel so you can compare

Congrats on the first of many future pairs, Spoon. They look great. I have basically they same shoe in brown CXL and it is super versatile.
How do you feel they compare to the AE?

Congrats Spoon!  Be careful how you answer this next question!! :rotflmao:

post #86275 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster View Post

Congrats Spoon!  Be careful how you answer this next question!! rotflmao.gif
I had a feeling this would be contoversial as I was typing it, RTP. LOL It's always nice to get a fresh opinion.

Don't be afraid, Spoon.
post #86276 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post
 

The insurance reason is an excuse.

They have every right to refuse tours, but it is really an excuse.

Without a doubt. I have worked in manufacturing for pretty much all of my career and am fairly versed on the subject. Especially considering the type of work being performed the liability on it is basically non-existanct. The biggest risk would be one of us fainting from seeing all the hides of exotic shells stacked up in a corner somewhere...

post #86277 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Without a doubt. I have worked in manufacturing for pretty much all of my career and am fairly versed on the subject. Especially considering the type of work being performed the liability on it is basically non-existanct. The biggest risk would be one of us fainting from seeing all the hides of exotic shells stacked up in a corner somewhere...
We have our manufacturing facility on-site. We do all kinds of work with metal..cutting, grinding, welding, brazing... cranes everywhere, forktrucks...as long as you have safety glasses on, anyone can walk through our shop.
post #86278 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


We have our manufacturing facility on-site. We do all kinds of work with metal..cutting, grinding, welding, brazing... cranes everywhere, forktrucks...as long as you have safety glasses on, anyone can walk through our shop.


Not that this is anywhere near the manufacturing of shoes, but in the food industry they would likely deny you a tour as well. One of the major brands I work for will occasionally do an open house but its usually a set path and maybe once a year if that. It also is likely to avoid all processing areas.  They say its to protect the recipes and for "biosecurity".

post #86279 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post


Not that this is anywhere near the manufacturing of shoes, but in the food industry they would likely deny you a tour as well. One of the major brands I work for will occasionally do an open house but its usually a set path and maybe once a year if that. It also is likely to avoid all processing areas.  They say its to protect the recipes and for "biosecurity".
Yea, we have "proprietary technologies" in our shop so you can't take photos or anything, but you can walk through.
post #86280 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
 I had a feeling this would be contoversial as I was typing it, RTP. LOL It's always nice to get a fresh opinion.

Don't be afraid, Spoon.

I was just kidding @Spoon.  I'm actually curious how the AE chromexcel make-ups compare.  From a comfort standpoint, I frequently have issues with AE because many of the shoes I have tried are uncomfortably stiff and hard (uppers, not the leather soles).  Chromexcel is soooooooo supple and soft, I'm wondering if that could make a big difference.

 

You can be honest.  No one here will bite...  :D

https://turtleboysports.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/http-cdn.jpg

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.