or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5732  

post #85966 of 122416
unlined #8

post #85967 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


cigar wt boot
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
argyles otc

 

 

Uncle, those boots are absolutely amazing! Are those from the old Leather Soul run?

 

-M

post #85968 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post


cigar wt boot
argyles otc

Very nice boots.

One of the only Alden boot models I would still like to add to my collection.
post #85969 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post


drool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gifdrool.gif

stunning...

what a beauty... very nice

post #85970 of 122416

Those Cigar WT boots are just amazing. One of my favorite Alden styles for sure. I cross my fingers that the chance arises again in the future to own a pair.

post #85971 of 122416
Those Cigar WT's of Mac's are really something, such rich tones. I wish the recent cigar offerings from Alden remotely resembled these!
Edited by RanMan - 7/2/14 at 10:26pm
post #85972 of 122416
. Not sure why these lady calf loafers are called "Loden" when they are Olive. Horweens Loden cxl is actually a fern green.
post #85973 of 122416
Uncle,

Are those cigar on Plaza WT boots? Wow.

I've decided a grail shoe for me:

Cigar NST on Barrie with commando soles, medium antique edge, and all eyelets.
Edited by sacafotos - 7/2/14 at 11:01pm
post #85974 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Uncle,

Are those cigar on Plaza WT boots? Wow.

I've decided a grail shoe for me:

Cigar NST on Commando with medium antique edge and all eyelets.

Yes, please! What last though?

Except I'd prefer speedhooks.

post #85975 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Uncle,

Are those cigar on Plaza WT boots? Wow.

I've decided a grail shoe for me:

Cigar NST on Barrie with commando soles, medium antique edge, and all eyelets.

The only place I think I have ever even seen something close to this is Leather Soul (theirs had speedhooks). I have been in the hunt for a very similar makeup for a while now as well.

I have no clue if LS is reruning these but even if they were they are not allowed to go to new customers. You must have a long rich history with them. Which I am not sure how you get? You must have to buy 30 pairs of Island Slippers and 20 pairs of New Balance......cause you cant get there these days buying Aldens.

post #85976 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbo316 View Post

The only place I think I have ever even seen something close to this is Leather Soul (theirs had speedhooks). I have been in the hunt for a very similar makeup for a while now as well.
I have no clue if LS is reruning these but even if they were they are not allowed to go to new customers. You must have a long rich history with them. Which I am not sure how you get? You must have to buy 30 pairs of Island Slippers and 20 pairs of New Balance......cause you cant get there these days buying Aldens.

If money and "experience" are the case, just buy some lobbs then.
post #85977 of 122416
Morning gents.

I wanted to find a briefcase to go with my ravello shell; with no luck south of $2000. So i decided to make my own.

I mess around with leatherworking in my spare time so decided to take on the project.
This is the closest match i could find locally. It's waxed cow shoulder. Super stiff with a great feel/hand.

It's fully saddle stitched, by hand, 9 stitches per inch (no machine stitching, no rivets). If i were to do it again i would change a few things.

I thought I would share.



Sorry for the poor lighting.
post #85978 of 122416
Wow. I'd say you do more than "mess around" in your spare time. That looks amazing. Well done.
post #85979 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue collar View Post

Morning gents.

I wanted to find a briefcase to go with my ravello shell; with no luck south of $2000. So i decided to make my own.

I mess around with leatherworking in my spare time so decided to take on the project.
This is the closest match i could find locally. It's waxed cow shoulder. Super stiff with a great feel/hand.

It's fully saddle stitched, by hand, 9 stitches per inch (no machine stitching, no rivets). If i were to do it again i would change a few things.

I thought I would share.

Sorry for the poor lighting.

Wow, great job - that's looks really nice, good for you!
post #85980 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

Very nice boots.

One of the only Alden boot models I would still like to add to my collection.

nephew,
thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.