Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5694post #85397 of 1224166/24/14 at 7:21pmpost #85398 of 1224166/24/14 at 7:38pmQuote:
sheeeeeiiiit I might be out there soon. Need to call tomorrow and see if they have a spare in my size.
thanks for the heads up!post #85399 of 1224166/24/14 at 8:03pmQuote:Originally Posted by AAF-8AF
I would not wear snuff with those colors.
My standard lined shell LHS are EE width since my instep can't handle the strap in my normal E width. The BB and unlined snuff are E width, though, and in my TTS size, so they are a half size longer than I take in the standard lined Van (also Barrie), but I have no problem with heel slippage. When I was at Alden DC buying the snuff LHS, I took along my BB unlined for size and comparison and, they were identical. Joe said that the BB unlined are on the Copely last but used to be on the Van last (I realize there is a lot of disagreement on this point, though). But the unlined snuff LHS are supposedly on the Van last, so, whatever. One interesting observation I have had is that if you turn the shoes over and compare them visually, the lined LHS of the same size as the unlined, whether BB shell or snuff suede, the waist of the shoe under the arch and the heel as well are both noticeably narrower in the unlined shoes. I don't know if this is because the lasts are different or because the unlined shoes are just lighter overall and don't require as full a base.
Thanks for the reply. It sure is confusing. I will order both sizes from BB for making sure. Brooksbrothers should list Alden lasts on their website, it will make things way easier!post #85400 of 1224166/24/14 at 9:45pmQuote:
you don't wear a 12 in barrie, right? so we wouldn't both be calling when they open looking for the same size?
i mean, it's in my signature and everything!post #85401 of 1224166/25/14 at 5:12ampost #85402 of 1224166/25/14 at 5:30ampost #85403 of 1224166/25/14 at 5:35ampost #85404 of 1224166/25/14 at 6:09amQuote:
Alden SF received a restock... I'm sure if they did some advertising they'd be gone already.post #85405 of 1224166/25/14 at 6:33amQuote:Originally Posted by Shouldaville
Alden SF received a restock... I'm sure if they did some advertising they'd be gone already.
Those look pretty sleek for Trubalance. Here's my pair on the Barrie:
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you.post #85406 of 1224166/25/14 at 6:46am
Well, I just opened these up and could not be happier.....the fit is great and I love the color.....pleasantly surprised with the light edge trim.
They apparently have been tried on before as there is some slight creasing, but not going complain as they appear to be flawless otherwise after a quick inspection.post #85407 of 1224166/25/14 at 6:49ampost #85408 of 1224166/25/14 at 6:55amDang!!! I would be happy with those too!!! I am not surprised that they are creased just based upon how long they were at Pelle Line. They will be creased much more within 15 seconds of being outside.
I was sad that the pair I picked up were too big for me!!! Darn the person who labeled a 10.5E as a 10.5 Medium. Got my hopes up soo high.post #85409 of 1224166/25/14 at 7:00am
It is frustrating how inconsistent sizing can be, particularly on the special make ups.
I tried on an 11 and 11.5 in #8 shell at a local retailer and the 11 was definitely the better fit..
Yet, I can hardly get 11 cigars on and the 11.5 ravellos fit perfectly.
The cigars look great, with a rich dark color and light edge, if anyone is looking for some.
Despite my hesitation, I think I might become a tassel guy after these!post #85410 of 1224166/25/14 at 7:08am
Does anyone know of any boot makeups that are the following:
calfskin or cordovan or chromexcel
plain toe or captoe
brass hooks and/or eyelets
I really like the chromexcel Viberg service boots, but can't see spending $700+ on non-cordovan boots.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › things that are making you happy 10 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 55 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 17 minutes ago
- › APC New Standard sz 32 raw blue denim 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...