or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5692  

post #85366 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentfarmer View Post

I see Frans Boone has color 8 shell parajumpers

-#8 cordovan
-Brass eyelets
-flat cordohyde laces
-360 welt
-grant last
-d- width

Anyone in the state carry these? Trying to figure out if $819 after -21% tax then adding shipping is worth it. Thoughts?

I have had good experiences with Frans myself. I will also point out that it includes the Alden Shoe Trees. They will also get to you freakishly fast considering they are coming from Europe.

-M
post #85367 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post
 


yes, only they weren't essentially sold by invitation.  If someone is interested, what is the cost of an email?  And, by the way, they are only shoes. 

 

Apparently, they are a conversation piece more than shoes.  

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

so who wants to own up to owning some color #2s?

and more importantly, explain why you carry them around in a bag with you and show them to retailers?

 

this is most certainly a SFer...
post #85368 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinM View Post

Apparently, they are a conversation piece more than shoes.  

Ha, no they are just shoes. Decent Friday shoes to me. Hard to wear on any other day at work for me.
post #85369 of 122416


Cigar beales in ze airport
post #85370 of 122416
Nice color. The green laces are a nice touch. Unique shoe with the Crepe Sole.
post #85371 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinM View Post

Apparently, they are a conversation piece more than shoes.  

Well,so far, these shoes have gone from the box to my feet. No one at all has commented in them yet except my secretary. I overheard her saying to her husband on the phone "You won't believe this: now he is wearing red shoes . . . yeah, red shoes, like Dorothy . . . no they don't sparkle, but almost. What man wears red shoes?"

It was all I could do to keep from putting my red - shoed foot up her ass. Truth is, actually, it was all I could do to keep from bursting out with laughter.
post #85372 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Looking for a black Indy boot with a Commando sole. Does anyone have this make up in stock?

Leffot offers that. I think their current order for that is closed and already submitted to Alden but, of course, you should check.
post #85373 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenwear View Post

Well,so far, these shoes have gone from the box to my feet. No one at all has commented in them yet except my secretary. I overheard her saying to her husband on the phone "You won't believe this: now he is wearing red shoes . . . yeah, red shoes, like Dorothy . . . no they don't sparkle, but almost. What man wears red shoes?"

It was all I could do to keep from putting my red - shoed foot up her ass. Truth is, actually, it was all I could do to keep from bursting out with laughter.

Ha! I had the opposite reaction. My co-workers, predominantly guys all liked them. They thought that they were distinctive compared to all the other boring shoes I wear. They all noticed them and commented on the right away. The only other pair anyone has commented on were my Cigar LWBs and my Tan/White AE Broadstreets (which I no longer have).

-Mike
post #85374 of 122416
thank you
post #85375 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TO Tie Guy View Post

Looking for a black Indy boot with a Commando sole. Does anyone have this make up in stock?

https://www.alden-of-carmel.com/Shoes-Black_Indy_Boot_210.htm
post #85376 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensanity View Post

Mac - what's your shell count looking like? 40s? 50s? Do you have a full collection picture by chance? Thanks!

check my blog-mcarthur's treasures
post #85377 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeSpiffington View Post

Beautiful tassels Uncle. I hope you put them immediately back in your vault because ravello tassels are rare as hens teeth.

nephew,
thank you
remember they are only shoes
they sold my monet
post #85378 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

check my blog-mcarthur's treasures

Mac, What's your criterion for retiring them?
post #85379 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentfarmer View Post

I see Frans Boone has color 8 shell parajumpers

-#8 cordovan
-Brass eyelets
-flat cordohyde laces
-360 welt
-grant last
-d- width

Anyone in the state carry these? Trying to figure out if $819 after -21% tax then adding shipping is worth it. Thoughts?

 

Those are freaking beautiful . . . aaaaand I see they're down to two sizes left.

post #85380 of 122416

ravello monks
argyles otc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.