Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5673post #85081 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:17ampost #85082 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:21ampost #85083 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:26amQuote:
@tifosi this is right in your wheelhouse! Better snag the 8 before I dopost #85084 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:27amSo I've been pondering a size relation between Aberdeen and Barrie. Reading about the Aberdeen being a bit longer and narrower I tried a 11.5D and it fit perfect (tassel loafer) I measure a 12D on Brannock (on the narrow side of D) All my AE's have been 12D other than 65 Last. 11.5.
With Barrie sizing and the recommendation to go 1/2 size down, would the idea be from the Brannock, or a known good fitting size. Like the Aberdeen loafer.
Ideally I'd go try on a Barrie but just haven't been able to lately and its been eating away at me. Thanks gents!post #85085 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:30ampost #85086 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:45ampost #85087 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:46amNote - I thought the boot looked like Trubalance but was told it was definitely Barrie. Might want to triple check before pulling trigger -- I'm also 98% sure my other specs are correct but inspected quickly on little sleep and no coffee. Believe they were $590.post #85088 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:50amQuote:Do you recall how the apron sitiching looked? Was it squared off like the Indy or round like a Barrie Tanker?post #85089 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by movoblast
For those who think that #8 is king, if you don't mind, can I ask how old you are?
I wonder if it's an age thing. Maybe it's also because I don't have to wear suits/ business casual? I agree with epc2 that cigar is much more versatile. I think cigar (dark edge) and #8 can be dressed up equally, but dressing down cigar is much easier.
I'll answer that if you post your net worth statement What does FTW mean?post #85090 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:53ampost #85091 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:54ampost #85092 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:56ampost #85093 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:56amQuote:
Id so be in on these if I didnt have Grain Indy's already. I just cant see owning both.
Although I am very tempted to grab the NST's and sell the Indy's on eBay. hrrmm.post #85094 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:57ampost #85095 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:59amYea, learned my first lesson in this game. The hard way. I've put in a request online and will call later. I know they had them earlier this week. Unless someone is playing the rare shell retirement plan game and stock piling.
In the meantime, can someone remind me the current Ravello builds going on. Might see if they ordered and big guy sizes.
Might just shut down the computer and head to the bar.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1350 Active Users (238 Members and 1112 Guests)
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 16 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 26 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 29 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 35 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...