Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5673post #85081 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #85082 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:21ampost #85083 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:26amQuote:
@tifosi this is right in your wheelhouse! Better snag the 8 before I dopost #85084 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:27amSo I've been pondering a size relation between Aberdeen and Barrie. Reading about the Aberdeen being a bit longer and narrower I tried a 11.5D and it fit perfect (tassel loafer) I measure a 12D on Brannock (on the narrow side of D) All my AE's have been 12D other than 65 Last. 11.5.
With Barrie sizing and the recommendation to go 1/2 size down, would the idea be from the Brannock, or a known good fitting size. Like the Aberdeen loafer.
Ideally I'd go try on a Barrie but just haven't been able to lately and its been eating away at me. Thanks gents!post #85085 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:30ampost #85086 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:45ampost #85087 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:46amNote - I thought the boot looked like Trubalance but was told it was definitely Barrie. Might want to triple check before pulling trigger -- I'm also 98% sure my other specs are correct but inspected quickly on little sleep and no coffee. Believe they were $590.post #85088 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:50amQuote:Do you recall how the apron sitiching looked? Was it squared off like the Indy or round like a Barrie Tanker?post #85089 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:50amQuote:Originally Posted by movoblast
For those who think that #8 is king, if you don't mind, can I ask how old you are?
I wonder if it's an age thing. Maybe it's also because I don't have to wear suits/ business casual? I agree with epc2 that cigar is much more versatile. I think cigar (dark edge) and #8 can be dressed up equally, but dressing down cigar is much easier.
I'll answer that if you post your net worth statement What does FTW mean?post #85090 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:53ampost #85091 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:54ampost #85092 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:56ampost #85093 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:56amQuote:
Id so be in on these if I didnt have Grain Indy's already. I just cant see owning both.
Although I am very tempted to grab the NST's and sell the Indy's on eBay. hrrmm.post #85094 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:57ampost #85095 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:59amYea, learned my first lesson in this game. The hard way. I've put in a request online and will call later. I know they had them earlier this week. Unless someone is playing the rare shell retirement plan game and stock piling.
In the meantime, can someone remind me the current Ravello builds going on. Might see if they ordered and big guy sizes.
Might just shut down the computer and head to the bar.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Currently, there are 961 Active Users (155 Members and 806 Guests)
- › Supreme x Schott NYC Perfecto Double Rider 2 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › NIGEL CABOURN Everest Parka survival yellow anarctic arctic Ventile 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 22 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 23 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?