Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 2:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/19/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.Last edited: 2/9/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5672post #85066 of 1224166/20/14 at 5:35am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #85067 of 1224166/20/14 at 5:50ampost #85068 of 1224166/20/14 at 5:52ampost #85069 of 1224166/20/14 at 5:56ampost #85070 of 1224166/20/14 at 6:15amWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice. Just wondering - are all of Alden's SW boots called "Brixton" or is that just what Epaulet calls theirs? Is there any difference between a Brixton boot and an "ordinary" SW boot?post #85071 of 1224166/20/14 at 6:24amQuote:Originally Posted by halfnhalfnhalf
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice. Just wondering - are all of Alden's SW boots called "Brixton" or is that just what Epaulet calls theirs? Is there any difference between a Brixton boot and an "ordinary" SW boot?
Brixton is a term for a particular SW Boot makeup by Epauletpost #85072 of 1224166/20/14 at 6:34ampost #85073 of 1224166/20/14 at 6:42am
Yep, the Brixton has a flat 360 welt and all eyelets with a double leather sole, and I think almost always has antique edging. There may have been an oxblood calf pair that had a dark edge trim but I'm not 100% surepost #85074 of 1224166/20/14 at 7:06ampost #85075 of 1224166/20/14 at 7:21ampost #85076 of 1224166/20/14 at 7:46ampost #85077 of 1224166/20/14 at 8:07ampost #85078 of 1224166/20/14 at 8:47amQuote:
Looks like Crystal Cove/ Newport Coast area between Newport and Laguna Beach. Staying at the Marriott up there? Enjoy SoCal.
Mikepost #85079 of 1224166/20/14 at 9:56ampost #85080 of 1224166/20/14 at 10:06am
For those who think that #8 is king, if you don't mind, can I ask how old you are?
I wonder if it's an age thing. Maybe it's also because I don't have to wear suits/ business casual? I agree with epc2 that cigar is much more versatile. I think cigar (dark edge) and #8 can be dressed up equally, but dressing down cigar is much easier.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 21 seconds ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 27 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?