I have had a couple pairs of CXL Alden's and they get some wrinkles, which doesn't bother me, but they're lined. Worried unlined would be a lot worse.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Yesterday at 9:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5669post #85021 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:00pmpost #85022 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:04pmpost #85023 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:06pmpost #85024 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:08pmMy linedQuote:
My lines CXL hasn't wrinkled too much at all, my unlined PTB however is like an old man's forehead. Agree that it's part of the charm, though, given what a casual shoe it is.post #85025 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:08pmpost #85026 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:09pm
I had the same on my 6-eyelet chromexcel chukkas. I think it's part of the internal leather used to reinforce the heel sticking out. I also thought it would go away and I wore the heck out of those boots for months, but it never did.post #85027 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:38pmQuote:
Disappointing to hear it didn't go away. Thanks for your reply. I'm hoping it didn't affect the integrity of the shoe? It's small & on the inside so I can deal assuming it's only cosmetic. Again, thank you. Anyone else experience this?post #85028 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:41pmpost #85029 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:41pmpost #85030 of 1224166/19/14 at 12:51pmpost #85031 of 1224166/19/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Alpina
I just sent in my 975s to B Nelson for a re-sole job. I am second-guessing my instructions so I'll put it out to the crowd...
Instructions are: original welt, waterloc/oiled outsoles, oak tanned midsole (per BN's protocol), antique edge
I am quite drawn to the antique edging with #8. I also like waterloc outsoles. Guy on the phone at B Nelson said the midsole would be standard oak leather and just the outsole would be oiled. I'm interested to hear others' experience with this setup. Is there a jarring contrast between the oiled and oak soles? Would the antique edging mask the differences? Add to this the original black welt, and I'm fearful I'll have a mish-mosh of a shoe that has lost its identity. Can I insist on double oiled soles? Thanks for your thoughts.
Call and ask to speak with Nick. He will walk you thru it.
I'm not a huge fan of color 8 with antique edging, but, if you must have it, I actually prefer it with a darker welt. On my cigar LWBs, I actually had BNelson darken the light welt to go with my antique edging.
The shoe as described would be just fine. Good luck.post #85032 of 1224166/19/14 at 1:20pmQuote:
FWIW my unlined brown CXL PTBs really haven't wrinkled all that much, and I wear them probably once a week since I got them around 6 months ago.post #85033 of 1224166/19/14 at 2:38pmpost #85034 of 1224166/19/14 at 2:42pmpost #85035 of 1224166/19/14 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguyQuote:Originally Posted by mdubs
Hey Alden Community,
I have decided that I would like to add a Black Shell Boot to my collection, does anyone have a good list of all the Black Shell Boots that have been made? So far I can think of the Wingtip Boot, Indy Boot, Plain Toe Boot, Plain Toe Medallion Boot, Cap Toe Boot, and probably a Tanker Boot. Any other options out there? I imagine they have all been made on a variety of lasts.
Yenni will be at the Alden factory this week. Upon her return she hopes to have the answer (or at least a strong sense of the answer) as to whether or not the black shell NST boot on plaza order will be confirmed. I would give a hearty recommendation for that boot.
Black Shell NST boot on plaza not confirmed - yet. However, I understand she did request to have the Black Shell NST boot & one Color 8 plaza boot (any style ) to be priority.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1075 Active Users (156 Members and 919 Guests)
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 19 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 23 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 28 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 29 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 31 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 41 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 46 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...