Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 8:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5644post #84646 of 1224166/14/14 at 8:52ampost #84647 of 1224166/14/14 at 8:53ampost #84648 of 1224166/14/14 at 9:06amThose ravello indys are supreme. I'm really trying to keep my collection edited but a ravello boot on the plaza would be insane.
I bought that plaza Indy from Frans B a few years back in color 8 but it had to be sent back to Alden due to speed hook issues.
In the meantime I'm hoping a cognac calf nst boot on the plaza will quench my thirst.post #84649 of 1224166/14/14 at 10:33ampost #84650 of 1224166/14/14 at 10:58amI would be really interested to hear of other peoples experiences with sizing the Aberdeen, with boots in particular. From what I understand it's Alden's narrowest last? If I'm a 13E in the Leydon would I be the same in Aberdeen?post #84651 of 1224166/14/14 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by Burzan
I wish I was in a position to take that approach, I would probably find myself liking many more models in person. It takes careful planning and prioritizing to keep my wants in order, I try to keep a top 3 list and jump only on those if they pop up and funds are available. The problem is that the top 3 changes all the time haha
At the moment the top 3 are: (based on filing holes in my current line up)
Whiskey Indy, any last but trubalance, on commando (might settle for Tanker)
Cigar LWB, Barrie on double leather or water lock (medium or dark antique edge)
Whiskey LWB, Barrie on double leather
This list will likely change as quickly as one of you guys posting an amazing model I have yet to see lol
Such is the Alden game. My top 3 changed from just the past 2 pages of posts...now they include Ravello NST on Plaza, and Cigar Pitt boots! Maybe we should be doing top 5...Quote:Originally Posted by mdubs
1) Plaza Indy in Ravello (waterlock, double leather, or Commando)
2) Plaza Indy in Ravello (waterlock, double leather, or Commando)
3) Plaza Indy in Ravello (waterlock, double leather, or Commando)
That is the only shoe that I am really keen after and its not been panning out too well... :-( Every time I think I got a vendor to make it, it doesn't quite pan out...
Thanks for posting gentlemen, it's good to hear what the connoisseurs desire!
-Dpost #84652 of 1224166/14/14 at 11:11amCan't help with boots...at least not yet. But in terms of shoes, I'm TTS 6.5 E, 6E in Barrie. Aberdeen ct shoes fit well at 6.5E, they were a little painful, especially on the lateral sides, during the first long wear from new. However they became extremely comfortable after the foot bed settles in, within 2-3 wears. I have high insteps fyi.
I believe Leydon and Aberdeen should be sized the same.
-Dpost #84653 of 1224166/14/14 at 11:31amQuote:
Trust me, your tastes will change with time and when you see other designs that you just "have to have"... Its fascinating that we are able to find soo many designs between the 5 shell colors and the few basic patterns that we must have...
-Mpost #84654 of 1224166/14/14 at 11:56ampost #84655 of 1224166/14/14 at 12:18pmRavello NST on Plaza would be a grail for me. Or Jumper boots on Grant/Barrie. Also like the whiskey Indy on plaza with commando:
(I know that's tan calf though)
Ravello medallion toe looks great too. Wish I could see a plaza Indy in person to compare to my Barrie Indy, which I find plenty sleek but could be wrong if I see a Plaza.post #84656 of 1224166/14/14 at 1:11pm
Hey guys how common are the ravello shortwing boots vs ravello longwings. I think I'd get more use out of the longwings so I'm thinking about just getting the shortwing boots next time. But if they're a lot rarer, maybe I'll switch up the order and get the shortwing boots first and pick up the longwings later.post #84657 of 1224166/14/14 at 1:13pmpost #84658 of 1224166/14/14 at 1:21pmpost #84659 of 1224166/14/14 at 1:47pmQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by movoblast
Hey guys how common are the ravello shortwing boots vs ravello longwings. I think I'd get more use out of the longwings so I'm thinking about just getting the shortwing boots next time. But if they're a lot rarer, maybe I'll switch up the order and get the shortwing boots first and pick up the longwings later.
I agree with BeSpoken, although the Ravello LWB being more readily available compared to the SW Boot, if you think you will prefer the LWB and wear it more, then that is the way that you should go. Now, another question is do you prefer the LWB with dark edges or antique edges.
-Mikepost #84660 of 1224166/14/14 at 3:05pm
Hey Alden Community,
I have decided that I would like to add a Black Shell Boot to my collection, does anyone have a good list of all the Black Shell Boots that have been made? So far I can think of the Wingtip Boot, Indy Boot, Plain Toe Boot, Plain Toe Medallion Boot, Cap Toe Boot, and probably a Tanker Boot. Any other options out there? I imagine they have all been made on a variety of lasts.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Brunello Cucinelli Shepherd Check Blazer sz 40 or 42 3 minutes ago
- › Dry Cleaning vs. Washing Jeans 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 11 minutes ago
- › New Ralph Lauren line: Denim & Supply 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 15 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 39 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 41 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 50 minutes ago
- › SOLD - BNWT $995 Woolrich x NANAMICA Moutain Parka Size S / Small... 51 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...