or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5623  

post #84331 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I plan on riding around on a Marty McFly powered skateboard by then. I figure this will help reduce toe wear on the sole
We'll call it the MacFly method.
post #84332 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


We'll call it the MacFly method.

:rimshot:

post #84333 of 122416

Good Afternoon Gentlemen!

 

This is my 3rd post in this Great Thread!

Alden Color 8 Perforated Cap Toe Boot

Inside:




Outside:

post #84334 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Crap. There goes my nest egg.
I thought your nest eggs were all over that other site.
post #84335 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by budapest12 View Post

I thought your nest eggs were all over that other site.
Dude. Seriously cracking the hell up at work! That is some funny stuff, buda.
post #84336 of 122416

Curious if anyone knows for certain whether an E width but half size down is wider than the D width and half size larger?

 

I'm almost positive the E would be wider, but haven't compared them on the same last.

post #84337 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

Curious if anyone knows for certain whether an E width but half size down is wider than the D width and half size larger?

 

I'm almost positive the E would be wider, but haven't compared them on the same last.

are you asking....9.5E is wider that 10D? If so then yes.

 

I wear 9.5E and 10D, but I find the 9.5E to be a better fit.

post #84338 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

Curious if anyone knows for certain whether an E width but half size down is wider than the D width and half size larger?

 

I'm almost positive the E would be wider, but haven't compared them on the same last.

They are extremely close.

post #84339 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post
 

are you asking....9.5E is wider that 10D? If so then yes.

 

I wear 9.5E and 10D, but I find the 9.5E to be a better fit.

 

I'm still surprised that the 8E black shell naval boot I tried on fit me better than the 7.5E (which was snug), but the 7.5E Trubalance CXL indy fit me well (stretch + wider last?). Also, the 8D shell LWB fit me just fine, but I couldn't try on a 7.5E at the time to compare.

 

I'd like to put my name down for the WT boot, not sure if I should go with what I liked at the Alden store (8E), or if the style of the boot has any bearing on fit (naval vs WT boot). Feel bad walking into a shop and checking out sizing again.

 

I did preorder the Leffot naval boot in 8E, since that was the size that fit me at the Alden store in that style/leather.

post #84340 of 122416
Wouldn't that be a function of where the widest part of your foot ends up in the widest part of the shoe? The more you go past the widest part (short or long) the narrower the shoe gets.
post #84341 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Wouldn't that be a function of where the widest part of your foot ends up in the widest part of the shoe? The more you go past the widest part (short or long) the narrower the shoe gets.

 

I would think so, too, which is why I don't buy the convention wisdom that 8D Barrie is an 8D Barrie is an...it has to make a difference what style the shoe/boot is, whether it's a single piece like the PTB, or if the tongue is stitched on the underside, etc.

 

Damn my high instep.

 

NYC said 6-8 months lead time. That's nuts.

post #84342 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

 

I'm still surprised that the 8E black shell naval boot I tried on fit me better than the 7.5E (which was snug), but the 7.5E Trubalance CXL indy fit me well (stretch + wider last?). Also, the 8D shell LWB fit me just fine, but I couldn't try on a 7.5E at the time to compare.

 

I'd like to put my name down for the WT boot, not sure if I should go with what I liked at the Alden store (8E), or if the style of the boot has any bearing on fit (naval vs WT boot). Feel bad walking into a shop and checking out sizing again.

 

I did preorder the Leffot naval boot in 8E, since that was the size that fit me at the Alden store in that style/leather.

I find the captoe makes for a snugger fit, plus you are comparing shell (barrie?) to chrom (trubalance) so the boot with more flexible material is also on a wider last. I'm not suprised by your experience.

post #84343 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunw View Post
 

I find the captoe makes for a snugger fit, plus you are comparing shell (barrie?) to chrom (trubalance) so the boot with more flexible material is also on a wider last. I'm not suprised by your experience.

 

Yeah, I'm probably overthinking this. I may see if Unionmade has the WT boot in 8D so I can try it on.

post #84344 of 122416
when uncertain about sizing, if possible, I usually order both sizes and then return the one that does not fit as well
post #84345 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post
 

Good Afternoon Gentlemen!

 

This is my 3rd post in this Great Thread!

Alden Color 8 Perforated Cap Toe Boot

Inside:


 

Excellent!  Keep'em coming my friend!:slayer:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.