or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5608  

post #84106 of 122416
I have two pairs of Longwings on order and I intend to keep only one pair (but might end up keeping both, you know how it goes....)

The first pair is from Unionmade, the Alpine Brown Longwings in grain leather.

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-stockton-longwing-in-brown-alpine-grain-8789-2/

The other pair is from J Crew, the Tobacco Longwings.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/oxfords/PRDOVR~18582/18582.jsp

Does anybody have any experience and/or pictures with both of these colors? Are they different enough to justify keeping both?

I'll also add that I don't wear wingtips a lot. I mainly lean towards the indy boots for casual, and Alfred Sargent double monk straps or Alden cordovan boots for work/ formal occasions.
post #84107 of 122416
Many on here owned the J Crew ones. I like the Unionmade ones quite a bit. They are very, very similar and will come down to whether you want a grained leather or not
post #84108 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

X-Post from Shoe Shine Sunday…

Beautiful! It's only been a week since I sent my deposit for a pair of these bad boys. Only 26 more weeks to go :fu: 

post #84109 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosurferlv View Post

I have two pairs of Longwings on order and I intend to keep only one pair (but might end up keeping both, you know how it goes....)

The first pair is from Unionmade, the Alpine Brown Longwings in grain leather.

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-stockton-longwing-in-brown-alpine-grain-8789-2/

The other pair is from J Crew, the Tobacco Longwings.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/oxfords/PRDOVR~18582/18582.jsp

Does anybody have any experience and/or pictures with both of these colors? Are they different enough to justify keeping both?

I'll also add that I don't wear wingtips a lot. I mainly lean towards the indy boots for casual, and Alfred Sargent double monk straps or Alden cordovan boots for work/ formal occasions.

Cancel your order for both and go straight to a ravello or cigar lwb waitlist. You know that's where you'll ultimately end up...haha!

post #84110 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerosurferlv View Post

I have two pairs of Longwings on order and I intend to keep only one pair (but might end up keeping both, you know how it goes....)

The first pair is from Unionmade, the Alpine Brown Longwings in grain leather.

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-stockton-longwing-in-brown-alpine-grain-8789-2/

The other pair is from J Crew, the Tobacco Longwings.

https://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/shoes/oxfords/PRDOVR~18582/18582.jsp

Does anybody have any experience and/or pictures with both of these colors? Are they different enough to justify keeping both?

I'll also add that I don't wear wingtips a lot. I mainly lean towards the indy boots for casual, and Alfred Sargent double monk straps or Alden cordovan boots for work/ formal occasions.

I like the Unionmade Alpine much more. Much more depth in the color and a bit more unique.
post #84111 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
 

Cancel your order for both and go straight to a ravello or cigar lwb waitlist. You know that's where you'll ultimately end up...haha!

 

This is probably the most honest advice!

post #84112 of 122416
I shouldn't drunk shop, but those size 9.5 snuff suede Dovers that have been on sale at Haberdash finally got the best of me. Incoming!
post #84113 of 122416
Probably one of the best drunk purchases ever, great choice!

-D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post

I shouldn't drunk shop, but those size 9.5 snuff suede Dovers that have been on sale at Haberdash finally got the best of me. Incoming!
post #84114 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

I like the Unionmade Alpine much more. Much more depth in the color and a bit more unique.

If you have to go with the two I'd go with Sazon's choice. Alpine is not something you regularly see everday and JCrew's make up is always available with all sizes.
post #84115 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

X-Post from Shoe Shine Sunday…

 

Fantastic color on those!

post #84116 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

X-Post from Shoe Shine Sunday…

Those looks terrific, though they look exactly like my Ravellos!!! Very light, but beautiful Cigars.

I had to scrub the showers, so I had no arm left for shoes. :-(

-M
post #84117 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Uncle,

This is probably the best photo of this shoe I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing
What brand socks? Love them!
post #84118 of 122416

Looking for some photo help

 

Does anyone have some photos of the Unlined Flex Penny Loafers in Snuff?

 

http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-unlined-flex-penny-loafer-in-snuff-suede-6243f/

 

I'd like to see these in the wild, and in particular if you've paired them with denim...

 

Thanks in advance

 

Cheers,

BN

post #84119 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyB View Post

Fantastic color on those!
Thanks @TommyB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post

Those looks terrific, though they look exactly like my Ravellos!!! Very light, but beautiful Cigars.

I had to scrub the showers, so I had no arm left for shoes. :-(

-M
Thanks @mdubs! I hear ya! Scrubbing showers is a terrible waste of energy that would be better spent on the Mac Method. smile.gif
#YouNeedPeople
post #84120 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjedi View Post

X-Post from Shoe Shine Sunday…
Strong work Jedi.
I love the colors. Great shine.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.