or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5598  

post #83956 of 122416

Wow...these are awesome!

 

I have these on order with AoC.

 

Enjoy!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Cigar LWB


Sold a pair of these before. Regretted it. Now I've corrected that mistake thanks to Alden NYC...



asudymar.jpg

y3edaga8.jpg
post #83957 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Black vs antique edge makes a huge difference on color 8 shoes. These look entirely different than the Leffot tankers (which I have)
I was thinking the same exact thing. I have the Leffots as well.
post #83958 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post

I think out of all the pics I've seen from the most recent Cigar LWB run from NYC, yours are the best shade. Mine look a little darker than yours, I was hoping they would have been a little lighter.

These are the favorite shade of cigar I have owned/seen personally. Only my cigar chukkas are close. My cigar captoe bals are a cool shade, but they aren't really "cigar," more like "dark whiskey" as someone else suggested...
post #83959 of 122416
Alden for J. Crew Suede PTBs (via eBay)

post #83960 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDV View Post

whiskey


I casually browsed this thread for a while but I wasn't crazy about Aldens or rare shell makeups (and even now I'm not too crazy about shell).

But then I saw these shoes (specifically a photo from the side with grey trousers; I assume it's these same shoes because it's the same teal laces) and I fell in love. I subscribed to this thread. I started buying shoes on sale. Then I started buying shoes at retail prices. And now I'm even putting deposits down for shoes to be delivered in 6-8 months. I NEED Whiskey PTBs...
post #83961 of 122416

Jeans and saddles for casual Friday.

post #83962 of 122416

Hey Gents,

 

I started buying Alden Shell 4 months ago and now have 8 pairs...and 1 on order, Cigar LWB.

 

Symptom of a faltering will?

 

Have a grand weekend my fellow shell addicts:-)

post #83963 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcibiades View Post

Black vs antique edge makes a huge difference on color 8 shoes. These look entirely different than the Leffot tankers (which I have)
I was thinking the same exact thing. I have the Leffots as well.

I certainly would have preferred the antique edge as Leffot offered, but the black is good also. They fit WAY better than the color 8 Indy boots I got from TSM which I'll end up selling on here.
post #83964 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handcuffed View Post

I casually browsed this thread for a while but I wasn't crazy about Aldens or rare shell makeups (and even now I'm not too crazy about shell).

But then I saw these shoes (specifically a photo from the side with grey trousers; I assume it's these same shoes because it's the same teal laces) and I fell in love. I subscribed to this thread. I started buying shoes on sale. Then I started buying shoes at retail prices. And now I'm even putting deposits down for shoes to be delivered in 6-8 months. I NEED Whiskey PTBs...

Sorry about that. smile.gif

Mine is a similar story.
Found a pair of alden black shell full strap loafers at a goodwill. Seemed I could flip them. Googled info to include in an eBay listing and found photos from this thread. Some of you owe me money.
post #83965 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Agreed on both points

Although my Brixtons seem to have some crazy wrinkling going on. It's not cracking as the boots are plenty conditioned
Imo alden chromexcel is garbage. I have a pair of cxl ptbs that instantly wrinkled severely. My 1.5 year old pinch pennies from rancourt- which I abuse the heck out of- are all buttery rolls... not a single crease. I know there are other variables (shoe construction, too much volume, etc) but I see away to many horror stories of Alden cxl to ever purchase again. I don't understand why people keep dishing out top dollar for it.
post #83966 of 122416
Ravello in the sun:

post #83967 of 122416

Had my first Alden QC issue yesterday after dozens of perfect pairs.  

 

Defective stitching on the 2210 NST blucher.  Sent back to retailer, which shall remain nameless.

 

Luckily it's a stock model and easy to swap for another pair.

 

It's all fun and games until it happens to you :brick: 

 

(Edit: on second thought, it was my second issue.  First was Union Hill Indys a few months back)

post #83968 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

My color8s and indy cxl boots are looking a little dry where the creases are. I know there has been a lot of talk about which conditioners to use but I was wondering if there was a new consensus?

what's best for cordovan?
what's best for CXL?

thanks!

any help?
it just looks like little specks/bumps where the creasing is.
post #83969 of 122416
^^ Well there is nothing new and whats "best" is subjective. Personally, I use Saphir Renovateur on CXL and Saphir Neutral Cordovan creme on shell.
post #83970 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post


any help?
it just looks like little specks/bumps where the creasing is.

Consensus is that there is no best. Venetian, Reno, it doesn't make a big difference either way.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.