or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5595  

post #83911 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

Yes, why do you ask? I wore them and walked around for an agonizing stretch of time; I'm sure the SA hated me, but I couldn't wrap my head around the shoe (color, look, side profile, versatility)...so I walked away with the slipper-like, unlined snuff dover. I'm convinced that Dovers are nicer than the PTBs, but Dovers can't have anything but blind eyelets to me. If they don't, they should be 270 flat welt and single flex sole to compensate (be more sleek).

 

I was just looking at sizes listed in your classifieds and it didn't seem their site showed any sizes close to those. So it made me wonder whether their online inventory accurately reflects what's in stock.

post #83912 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I just started reading this. I highly recommend it so far

http://www.amazon.com/HANDMADE-SHOES-FOR-LÁZLÓ-VASS/dp/3848003686/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402003017&sr=8-1&keywords=lazlo+vass

Nice post.
post #83913 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

Uncle, great shoe (I want to get a pair of those soon!) and great sock/pant/shoe combo! #8 with blue looks so good!

nephew,
thank you
post #83914 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post

I've been wanting an mto like these dovers for a long time and now that I have them in hand, like you, I stand in doubt. What you said about the blobbiness, I wonder if that may not so much be the case, but rather the combination of light edging and commando heel stack makes for an overly chunky appearance. This, in my mind, limit these dovers to very specific outfits. Like you, just really not sure what to wear with them, for the moment I can only see heavier wales corduroys in the fall/early winter and I'm drawing blanks beyond that.


Really superficial question but did these come with 2 pairs of laces? I really like the lighter laces in the picture.
post #83915 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironclad View Post
 

Even better than no shell damage -- when I got home my wife dropped a green box in my hands. Turns out she scooped up the last pair of Eupalet CXL Brixtons for me! This is the second time she's secretly purchased a pair of Aldens for me, perfect sizing both times. I hope this becomes a regular habit and/or hobby for her!

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

Hope everyone has a great evening.

She is a keeper.   I love my CXL Brixtons.  They patina nicely

post #83916 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

She is a keeper.   I love my CXL Brixtons.  They patina nicely

Agreed on both points

Although my Brixtons seem to have some crazy wrinkling going on. It's not cracking as the boots are plenty conditioned
post #83917 of 122416

Hmmm @rydenfan cI don't seem top have that.  Have you tried brushing it out?

post #83918 of 122416
These look great and I've never had a pair of CXL that didn't show at least some wrinkling. Yours might be more extreme than "normal" but like you said, not cracking. Nice boots!

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Agreed on both points

Although my Brixtons seem to have some crazy wrinkling going on. It's not cracking as the boots are plenty conditioned
post #83919 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post


I've been wanting an mto like these dovers for a long time and now that I have them in hand, like you, I stand in doubt. What you said about the blobbiness, I wonder if that may not so much be the case, but rather the combination of light edging and commando heel stack makes for an overly chunky appearance. This, in my mind, limit these dovers to very specific outfits. Like you, just really not sure what to wear with them, for the moment I can only see heavier wales corduroys in the fall/early winter and I'm drawing blanks beyond that.

those look great and could be worn with anything, just take those cream laces out and stick w/the standard ones...

post #83920 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

Hmmm @rydenfan
 cI don't seem top have that.  Have you tried brushing it out?

Vigorously
post #83921 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don L View Post

She is a keeper.   I love my CXL Brixtons.  They patina nicely

Agreed on both points

Although my Brixtons seem to have some crazy wrinkling going on. It's not cracking as the boots are plenty conditioned Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My natural CXL Brixtons are also wrinkly although perhaps not as bad as yours.
No amount of brushing and conditioning is going to make it smooth. I think it's just shitty leather.
Mine are at the border between "character" and "ugly". They're enough towards the "character" end of the spectrum that I kept them.

I've got three other pairs natural CXL shoes which have no where near as much wrinklyness.
post #83922 of 122416
My color8s and indy cxl boots are looking a little dry where the creases are. I know there has been a lot of talk about which conditioners to use but I was wondering if there was a new consensus?

what's best for cordovan?
what's best for CXL?

thanks!
post #83923 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post


Vigorously

All I can think of is Johnny Depp.

post #83924 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by poena View Post

My color8s and indy cxl boots are looking a little dry where the creases are. I know there has been a lot of talk about which conditioners to use but I was wondering if there was a new consensus?

what's best for cordovan?
what's best for CXL?

thanks!

let me clarify...right where the creases are there are some spots/bumps where it looks like dry leather. I'll see if I can get a pic of it.
post #83925 of 122416

Alden x Blackbird (now at Alden DC). Black Grain Calf x Color #8 Shell Saddle. Maiden Voyage.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

These guys introduced an interesting predicament that I have never thought of or had to deal with before... What color belt to wear with them!?! I ended up going with Color #8 belt, as I thought it fit in better with my purple tie and socks theme, but what would ya'll wear with them, or is it a toss up?

 

-Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.