or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5553  

post #83281 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

 

These look stunning. Probably the perfect derby shoe for me.

 

I was told by an SA many months ago that these would come in around June. I kept asking about them and every SA said I had heard wrong; the first SA had said these were stuck at the warehouse, but nobody could confirm this. Now, I see them in stock.

 

Will have to try them on today and grab a pair if they look/feel good.

 

Side note:

 

I am considering a natty cxl shoe/boot. Options:

 

1) Alden PTB

2) Alden Indy

3) Viberg Derby (current MTO)

 

Thoughts?

 

I love my Viberg black cxl boot--construction is top notch--but the Viberg Derby is easily 30% more money than the Alden options.

Really worth it to spend that much more for just a natty cxl pair?

 

Wow, that is quite a range. I wouldn't know how to answer that without knowing the rest of your shoe line-up and potential use cases.

 

-Mike

post #83282 of 122416
mdubs - stellar job on the tassels. How many minutes would you say all of those steps combined took you?
post #83283 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

These look stunning. Probably the perfect derby shoe for me.

I was told by an SA many months ago that these would come in around June. I kept asking about them and every SA said I had heard wrong; the first SA had said these were stuck at the warehouse, but nobody could confirm this. Now, I see them in stock.

Will have to try them on today and grab a pair if they look/feel good.

Side note:

I am considering a natty cxl shoe/boot. Options:

1) Alden PTB
2) Alden Indy
3) Viberg Derby (current MTO)

Thoughts?

I love my Viberg black cxl boot--construction is top notch--but the Viberg Derby is easily 30% more money than the Alden options.
Really worth it to spend that much more for just a natty cxl pair?

Honor your username and "saca una foto" while @Unionmade, I'd love to see a real life pic.smile.gif
post #83284 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by epc2 View Post


Honor your username and "saca una foto" while @Unionmade, I'd love to see a real life pic.smile.gif

 

Good man. Sure thing, I will try.

 

The antique edge and commando sole and agatine...perfect casual shoe to beat up.

post #83285 of 122416
990s today. In need of some deer bone love when I get home.

post #83286 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubs View Post
 

 

Wow, that is quite a range. I wouldn't know how to answer that without knowing the rest of your shoe line-up and potential use cases.

 

-Mike

 

Dark denim and earth-tone chinos, but I also have duck canvas pants (khaki, grey, navy, pine green). I mostly would like this shoe for casual wear, with an occasional dress shirt.

post #83287 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by gosheik View Post

J.Crew Tobacco...
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
de2ubu4u.jpg

 

 

I swear these are underrated. Do you have a photo of them without filters applied?

post #83288 of 122416


My cobblers assistant showed me his patina skill on a pair of 6 month old Indy's
post #83289 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosheik View Post

J.Crew Tobacco...
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
de2ubu4u.jpg

 

 

I swear these are underrated. Do you have a photo of them without filters applied?


I agree... I've worn them at least once a week for the past six months and I love them. Same shot, uncropped/unfiltered...

detuna8e.jpg
post #83290 of 122416

Nice!

 

Made up my mind (I think)

 

1) Waxed tobacco LWB

2) Color 8 Naval (Leffot)

3) Jasper Dover, color 8

4) 975

5) snuff suede (?)

 

That should give me a good spread.

post #83291 of 122416

 

Blue, Blue, Blue Friday

post #83292 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Nice!

 

Made up my mind (I think)

 

1) Waxed tobacco LWB

2) Color 8 Naval (Leffot)

3) Jasper Dover, color 8

4) 975

5) snuff suede (?)

 

That should give me a good spread.

Given your appreciation smile.gif An indoor shot, showing the antique edge (love the "wood" tones)...

ajujy3aq.jpg
Edited by gosheik - 5/30/14 at 4:21pm
post #83293 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazon View Post

mdubs - stellar job on the tassels. How many minutes would you say all of those steps combined took you?

 

Thanks Saz, I probably spent about 3 hours total on them spread across several evenings...

 

-Mike

post #83294 of 122416
Never mind, my bad.
Edited by coinopcollector - 5/30/14 at 5:02pm
post #83295 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post
 

 

Dark denim and earth-tone chinos, but I also have duck canvas pants (khaki, grey, navy, pine green). I mostly would like this shoe for casual wear, with an occasional dress shirt.

 

I would probably go with the PTB personally, unless you have essentially all shoes, in which case I would go Indy.

 

-Mike

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.