Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 4:07 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 4/17/16 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5549post #83221 of 1224165/30/14 at 5:05ampost #83222 of 1224165/30/14 at 5:21amQuote:
Dress casual is the general attire where I am working, no need for anything formal at all, like the rest of my life...
First time taking Cigar on the road, I really like the boot - but the money maker is the Whiskey SW, I love the style and fit of this shoe. I need to buy it in #8 at some point soon...
@ bespoken pa - it's the photo, one can only do so much with an iPad...
BNpost #83223 of 1224165/30/14 at 5:22ampost #83224 of 1224165/30/14 at 5:30ampost #83225 of 1224165/30/14 at 5:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Handcuffed
PSA: Don't buy CXLs from TSM's seconds list Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
but the left shoe both breaks my heart and pisses me off that some TSM employee had the gall to add in the "you may not crease these in order to return them!" inspection card.
Those look pretty bad, but it is a gamble buying seconds sometimes. FWIW, I bought the same pair about 8 months ago from their seconds list an there are no issues. I couldn't even figure out why they were labeled as seconds.post #83226 of 1224165/30/14 at 6:47ampost #83227 of 1224165/30/14 at 6:58ampost #83228 of 1224165/30/14 at 6:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Buckeye Nation
Eight Day Trip to Europe
My shoe selection for a short trip to Northern Spain where is still rains quite a bit...
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One shoe brush, Saphir Dubbin Grasse, Saphip Marron Cordovan Creme, MF buffing cloths...
Be careful with those whiskeys in the rain. I wore mine in the rain earlier this week, and even though I dried and brushed them heavily afterward, I am worried that they have permanent water marks.
Does anyone have any clue if these are "fixable," please?post #83229 of 1224165/30/14 at 7:03amQuote:Originally Posted by kwhitelaw
handful of 'new' offerings over at unionmade.. #8 dover on commando is intriguing..
Thanks for the info kwhite. I just pulled the trigger on the Dovers. Now for my own PSI. In keeping with my self-imposed mandate of not adding to my shoe collection, I will be listing a pair of 10C whiskey LHS's. Worn less than 5 times. I've had them for over a year so I've been thinking about it for a while. PM me if interested in additional details.post #83230 of 1224165/30/14 at 7:18ampost #83231 of 1224165/30/14 at 7:29ampost #83232 of 1224165/30/14 at 7:31amQuote:
Definitely the hardest part for me was picking between those two. I have a chukka in color 8 (non-commando/black welt) and would have listed those if I went with the chukka. As you indicate, they are both really nice shoes. As an added bonus, I've dealt with Unionmade before and they are one of the best Alden retailers in terms of service and how they treat their customer.post #83233 of 1224165/30/14 at 7:35amQuote:
same here.....same exact shoe and it was not market as a second and had no apparent flaws.....I believe that the part about creasing is focussed on shell.....Joe is great and I would not hesitate to call him if you are that disappointed in what you received.post #83234 of 1224165/30/14 at 7:37amQuote:
Of all the active posters here, only a handful (such as myself, sevenfoldtieguy, bakes, ReppTiePoster, sazon, etc) seem to work in environments that require somewhat conservative business dress Monday-Thursday. I only wear commando soled shoes/boots with business attire when it is snowing, in which case you have a lot of leeway with what footwear you are wearing. On casual fridays (which are chinos or wool pants), I will wear some of my commando boots/shoes.post #83235 of 1224165/30/14 at 7:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Of all the active posters here, only a handful (such as myself, sevenfoldtieguy, bakes, ReppTiePoster, sazon, etc) seem to work in environments that require somewhat conservative business dress Monday-Thursday. I only wear commando soled shoes/boots with business attire when it is snowing, in which case you have a lot of leeway with what footwear you are wearing. On casual fridays (which are chinos or wool pants), I will wear some of my commando boots/shoes.
Looks like dovers + leather soles is the better option for M-TH then. Too bad that option is not readily available.
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Which CARRERA sunglasses model is this? 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 16 minutes ago
- › NWOT Luigi Bianch Mantova 100% cashmere navy overcoat 54 52 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 27 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 31 minutes ago
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 32 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 33 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...