You see though, my joint falls where Mike's roll is. Of course I'm assuming that the location that the roll falls is always a true indicator of where your toe joint is. Do you guys all have toes that are that long?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5517post #82741 of 1224165/23/14 at 6:47ampost #82742 of 1224165/23/14 at 6:53ampost #82743 of 1224165/23/14 at 6:58am
thank you sir.
3. the eyelets, 2. plaza last, 1. the color. my cigar does not have that shade...
AWESOME in every way.Quote:Originally Posted by ReppTiePrepster
Cigar today indeed...
J Crew brown seersucker, BB argyles, and Cigar LWBs from AoCWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Beautiful spring day gentlemen!
nicely done sir. that lawn is looking healthy as well.Quote:Originally Posted by 09alloy
My third post...
New Cigar Chukka by way of Alden SF basking in the Florida sun!
cigar is looking good.Quote:Originally Posted by aldenwear
I bought this NST model new many moons ago from Alden-of -Carmel. They were billed as being made of bison leather. Alden-of-Carmel offered them in brown or black bison leather. I only bought the brown and still wear them frequently today. Have had the soles replaced twice now. I always wish I had gotten the shoe in black too so I would have had a great-looking pair of black shoes to wear with business casual.
thanks for sharing aldenwear. I didn't know I had bison leather.
im going to have to modify my ravello lwbs soon.
these look so good.post #82744 of 1224165/23/14 at 6:59ampost #82745 of 1224165/23/14 at 7:00ampost #82746 of 1224165/23/14 at 7:01am
The LWBs have a strong presence in general, which at the very least, contributes to what you are noticing. There may be other factors, such as sizing, at play.
I go with the smallest size that fits. Rather have a secure fitting shoe than a sloppy fitting shoe. Don't understand why anyone would prefer it any other way.post #82747 of 1224165/23/14 at 7:02ampost #82748 of 1224165/23/14 at 7:03ampost #82749 of 1224165/23/14 at 7:10amQuote:Originally Posted by movoblast
Hey guys is it just me or are the lwb's look awkwardly big? I'm size 9 on brannock, got a pair of 8.5d and a pair of 9d shell LWBs. The 8.5D fit fine with thin/midweight socks and the 9D fits fine with thicker socks. But they look like clown shoes on me. I was thinking that maybe it's because I tried them on with tapered jeans/chinos, but my other shoes don't look that big.
Sorry Mike but I used your pic to depict my problem:
My toe joint falls in the same place as where Mike's roll is, and that first line is about where my toe ends, giving about 1.25~1.5'' of toe room. I get some heel slip but pretty minimal, and expect it to go away when the shoe is broken in. My inseam is 30'' and I'm 5'10''. So why is it that both the size 8.5D and the 9D look like clown shoes? I'll post some pics later tonight. I love the fit, I love the clunkiness of the last, it's just that it looks awkwardly big relative to my body.
Maybe I need to go down in length and up in width?
Heel slip will be an issue if you go down a length and up a width.
You'll really just need to become accustomed to the way gunboats look on your feet since it sounds like you've got sizes that are working.post #82750 of 1224165/23/14 at 8:10ampost #82751 of 1224165/23/14 at 8:23amQuote:
Always nice to have one more guy wearing Aldens in the area. At least we know there are at least three guys in the region wearing good shoes.post #82752 of 1224165/23/14 at 8:48ampost #82753 of 1224165/23/14 at 8:50ampost #82754 of 1224165/23/14 at 9:10ampost #82755 of 1224165/23/14 at 10:11am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 23 seconds ago
- › Jeeves - Vass shoes and elegant menswear accessories - Official... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › The Frank Leder thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...