or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5512  

post #82666 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkotsko View Post

Cigars are nice.
Plaza?

nephew,
thank you
plaza last
post #82667 of 122416
Good eye, BK.
post #82668 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarthur View Post

2w5vvvq.jpg
cigar ct
cashmere otc
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
t7hpib.jpg

 

Fine looking cigar Uncle!  You are an inspiration my friend...

post #82669 of 122416

Cigar today indeed...

J Crew brown seersucker, BB argyles, and Cigar LWBs from AoC

Beautiful spring day gentlemen!

post #82670 of 122416
Those boots look crazy good on Plaza. I wish I could have all my Aldens on Plaza. I really like the shape.
post #82671 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burzan View Post
 

 

 

Whoa! those have some serious patina. How old are they?

About 2 years old....

post #82672 of 122416
Plaza is by far my favorite last although I prefer the aberdeen for the nst.
post #82673 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Plaza is by far my favorite last although I prefer the aberdeen for the nst.
I was finally able to try the Aberdeen on not that long ago in what I thought would be my size, 8.5D. I was surprised how big it ended up feeling. They didn't have an 8D to compare, but I feel like that would have been the better size. The Plaza shoe I have fits really well in an 8.5D.
post #82674 of 122416
Maiden voyage for my snuff suede loafers.






I ordered these from my local shop at the end of the day on Friday and they arrived Tuesday. I know these are a standard model, but I wish Alden could always be that speedy!
post #82675 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

I was finally able to try the Aberdeen on not that long ago in what I thought would be my size, 8.5D. I was surprised how big it ended up feeling. They didn't have an 8D to compare, but I feel like that would have been the better size. The Plaza shoe I have fits really well in an 8.5D.

Aberdeen can be a weird one. It is the only last where, unless it is a lace-up, I need to drop to a C width, when I am typically a D width. But, if you wear a 8D in a Barrie, I will bet $5 that your big toe will rub on a 8D in the Aberdeen, as the toe box tapers quickly.
post #82676 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboard_knowledge View Post

Aberdeen can be a weird one. It is the only last where, unless it is a lace-up, I need to drop to a C width, when I am typically a D width. But, if you wear a 8D in a Barrie, I will bet $5 that your big toe will rub on a 8D in the Aberdeen, as the toe box tapers quickly.
That is a possibility. The shoe just felt huge. Even in the heel.
post #82677 of 122416

You will love them @Michigan Planner -  they are so comfortable

post #82678 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post

That is a possibility. The shoe just felt huge. Even in the heel.

Food for thought.....I guess I will have to wait to try a pair on before buying. I thought I would just go with my plaza size originally.
post #82679 of 122416
What model did you try on tif?
post #82680 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

What model did you try on tif?
It was either the NST or the medallion cap toe blucher. They had both, but I forget which they had in an 8.5.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.