or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5480  

post #82186 of 122416

A Little Cigar

 

To get things back on track - here is a comparison of the Cigar Cap Toes and the recent LWB, the color is pretty consistent across the two lots

 

 

 

 

 

post #82187 of 122416
Ryden fan is solid.
post #82188 of 122416
Pictures......of shoes!!!!! Alright buckeye.
post #82189 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omert4 View Post

Interesting thing is that Alden shoes look like blue-collar dress shoes rather than a high-end shoe with great attention to detail. I'm guessing that blue collared culture there plays a role in the look and overall lack of attention to detail in their shoes and packaging. 
Alden is priced the way they are for a reason. EG/ Lobb are priced the way they are for a reason. Are you expecting to get something for free? If you don't like Alden then don't buy them. It's that simple.

Get off it already.
post #82190 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

This is still going on unbelievable, who cares who is wrong or who is right. Lets discuss shoes.

+1
post #82191 of 122416
I was recently on a tour at the Louisville Slugger plant in Louisville. I found it strange that the woman using the lathe could probably not even swing a bat or hit a Major League Baseball....

<<tongue in cheek>>

I doubt that I would wear $500-$750 shoes in a factory even if I did get them at a discount.

In an another Alden related story. I just got back two pairs from restoration in a round trip of 6 weeks INCLUDING shipping. Not bad!
post #82192 of 122416

glad to see my unsubscribing from the Oak Street thread to just bother checking this one was a smart decision, given the last 48 hours or so :brick:

post #82193 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampatravel View Post

I was recently on a tour at the Louisville Slugger plant in Louisville. I found it strange that the woman using the lathe could probably not even swing a bat or hit a Major League Baseball....

<<tongue in cheek>>

I doubt that I would wear $500-$750 shoes in a factory even if I did get them at a discount.

In an another Alden related story. I just got back two pairs from restoration in a round trip of 6 weeks INCLUDING shipping. Not bad!

That is a very quick turn around. Which pairs?
post #82194 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhitelaw View Post

glad to see my unsubscribing from the Oak Street thread to just bother checking this one was a smart decision, given the last 48 hours or so baldy%5B1%5D.gif
+1. I unsubscribed as well.
post #82195 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post


Alden is priced the way they are for a reason. EG/ Lobb are priced the way they are for a reason. Are you expecting to get something for free? If you don't like Alden then don't buy them. It's that simple.

Get off it already.

 

While I am not the Alden fanboy you are, I do own 5 pairs of Aldens with two on the way in the coming months. For the price, yes I expect better QC.

 

But I am also not the type who gets sucked into hype. Unlike some in this thread, when I walk down the street wearing on my Aldens, I don't think about how I have Aldens on my feet every other second while simultaneously trying to hold in my joy and smile due to me knowing I am a person of greater caliber than Isaac Newton for the simple fact my feet are enclosed by glorious Alden shoes.

 

I am done in this thread. I am taking my ball and going home.

post #82196 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy View Post

That is a very quick turn around. Which pairs?

Burgundy Calf LHS & Suede Snuff LHS
post #82197 of 122416
I believe all involved have made their points. Responses to the OP will simply breed responses from the OP. There is a simple way to end this.
post #82198 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omert4 View Post


I am done in this thread. I am taking my ball and going home.

This is the third time he promised to leave..... Let us but hope!!!
post #82199 of 122416
can anyone recommend a casual alden blucher
post #82200 of 122416
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

Pictures......of shoes!!!!! Alright buckeye.

 

Pictures of rare shell w/o quality issues - who knew?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.