Very nice. Where did you get them? Not that I expect to be able to buy. But I don't think I see a lot of Ravello NST's .
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5404post #81047 of 1224165/6/14 at 9:20pmpost #81048 of 1224165/6/14 at 9:50pmpost #81049 of 1224165/6/14 at 10:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by bespoken pa
Incredible how times have changed. I kopped two of my three exotics right out of the gate probably about 2 to 3 years ago. Things really tightened up and this week I received my third pair. Quite a drought. I have really come to appreciate color 8 recently. Extremely diverse.
I know mac works in financials but seems like he has been silent for a while now.
Same here bespoke. Took the advice from many experts here in that calling/e-mailing retailers on a regular basis (monthly) set me up to land rare Alden shells.post #81050 of 1224165/6/14 at 10:27pmpost #81051 of 1224165/7/14 at 1:18amNot my auction (or anyone I know, for that matter), but those interested in a Ravello PTB in 10.5d may want to look here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=310951545795
It'll be interesting to see what these go for.post #81052 of 1224165/7/14 at 4:03amQuote:
I've never seen antique on black but I imagine it would look nice. Black always impressed me as a dress shoe and antique a little more casual. But the contrast might work. No speedhooks is a huge plus for me.post #81053 of 1224165/7/14 at 4:08amQuote:Originally Posted by brp2
Not my auction (or anyone I know, for that matter), but those interested in a Ravello PTB in 10.5d may want to look here: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=310951545795
It'll be interesting to see what these go for.
The sellers got brass balls to be listing those with such a low opening bid and no reserve but I guess with Ravello, the risk is minimal. I'll bet he gets $850, which net of eBay fees will let him clear about $725. Very nice shoes.post #81054 of 1224165/7/14 at 6:46ampost #81055 of 1224165/7/14 at 6:58ampost #81056 of 1224165/7/14 at 7:00ampost #81057 of 1224165/7/14 at 7:03ampost #81058 of 1224165/7/14 at 7:03am
I'm guessing he means the people have changed. Now it's never people with maybe less knowledge, etc. different personalities. I've been on other forums where it was like that. People moved on or matured over the years so it just wasn't the same.post #81059 of 1224165/7/14 at 7:05amQuote:Originally Posted by thebeebs
Anyone who got into the Alden game over 3 years ago likely had easy access to most, if not all, of the exotics, Color 4 included. I bought my first pair in 2011 and hopped onto TSM and got cigar, ravello, and whiskey with relative ease. Stumbled across my Color 4s a little over a year later, and promptly launched a PSA whereby a few of us on here, such as Sazon, snatched up the remaining pairs.
Times have changed.
Ah regrets. I bought my first alden may 2011 from leathersoul. I still remember TSM's offering of those rare shells. I foolishly convinced myself to pass on it and buy AE then new offering and heavily discounted LWB Shell.
3 years later, I am paying more with money and time trying to acquire what once was readily available to me.
Shoot me now.post #81060 of 1224165/7/14 at 7:07am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...