Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5379post #80671 of 1224165/4/14 at 1:21pmpost #80672 of 1224165/4/14 at 1:22pmQuote:
I think its an awesome boot, do wish it had the antique edging but for some reason that is not popular.
I have numerous styles from Unionmade. There styles are easy to acquire, decent priced and they have a relatively nice online site so you don't have to call. Call me crazy but making phone calls just inst my thing. This is the modern world and age of the internet.
I have talked to their new store though for 1 sale. Real nice guys working there who are willing to do just about anything to help you answer the questions and make the sale. Although, they are not real familiar with the Alden brand or at least at the new store they weren't. I don't mean that to be negative, I still would give all my experiences with them an A.post #80673 of 1224165/4/14 at 1:24pmQuote:
In a way I agree but in many I disagree.
You can wear the same pair of Alden's every day. You cant wear the same jeans everyday.
(Well I guess you could but I wouldn't recommend it if you like friends.)post #80674 of 1224165/4/14 at 1:26pmQuote:
that comment couldnt be further from the truth when talking about quality denimpost #80675 of 1224165/4/14 at 1:28pmQuote:
Agree about the antique edging. Pretty sure that's almost a "Leffot" thing now.
I do prefer the pct of the j crew boot but like the commando sole more.post #80676 of 1224165/4/14 at 1:37pmQuote:
I have plenty of quality pairs of jeans. Honestly it has turned into the majority of them folded in the closest unworn or alot sold on eBay.
I guess if you wear the same jeans everyday..... that we will have to agree to disagree on whether that is acceptable.
Once again thou all style is subjective. Certain groups of people think green mohawks are stylish. Not my thing, but I am not going to tell them its unacceptable or not stylish because to their group of friends it is.post #80677 of 1224165/4/14 at 2:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by Resistant
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Where are the cap toe boots without speed hooks? Alden Madison?
Keep an eye on Haberdash 4060 restocks as well (and like J Crew, occasional codes that apply to Alden). $500 for shell firsts feels more and more like a steal as many models creep over $700.post #80678 of 1224165/4/14 at 2:22pmThanks for the PSA thams, never saw them on Citishoes' site. Just ordered a pair.
DQuote:Originally Posted by thams
PSA: I noticed this morning that Citishoes added #8 NST boots (Barrie) on commando to their inventory. I thought someone was recently asking where to snag a pair. Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I don't remember seeing them on their website the last time I checked.post #80679 of 1224165/4/14 at 2:24pmpost #80680 of 1224165/4/14 at 2:25pmpost #80681 of 1224165/4/14 at 2:32pmpost #80682 of 1224165/4/14 at 2:42pmpost #80683 of 1224165/4/14 at 3:29pmpost #80684 of 1224165/4/14 at 3:35pmpost #80685 of 1224165/4/14 at 4:04pmQuote:
I am on the exact opposite spectrum. 4-5 pairs of jeans is complete overstock for me. 4-5 pairs of shoes would not be nearly enough for me. I have plenty of pairs of denim that have been worn 5-6 days a week for over a year. While I probably could do that to a pair of shoes, I never would. That being said the life cycle of my $300 jeans is far less than my $700 shoes. However all of the same principles of how I value a shoe: quality of materials, craftsmanship, durability all apply equally to denim
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › My Review: Italian Broletto 'Fasano' Double Monk Strap Shoes -... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 16 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 16 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 21 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 26 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 27 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 35 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 42 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...