agree, same fit for me. I do have some volume in Barrie lasted shoes.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5356post #80326 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:08ampost #80327 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:12amQuote:
Have you tried Anatomica or Berteil in Paris? You also have The Next Door in Avignon. It would be good for you to try these lasts on to ensure that you have the right size, as you will have significantly more skin in the game if you have them shipped across the pond.
Here is the general cheat sheet for lasts:
Barrie shoes: Size down a half size
Barrie boots: Either size down a half size or TTS (I wear TTS)
Aberdeen / Plaza: TTS
Grant: Either TTS or a half size up (as they are typically boots, I may recommend going a half size up to your TTS and putting in an insert if you need to eat up room)post #80328 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:15ampost #80329 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:26amQuote:Originally Posted by docalden2013
This is so true. I've decided to anoint my 4060hc's as the beater cordovan boot. At 1yr plus, they get worn in rain, mud and snow. I play soccer in them with my son and his buddies. They look pretty new still. My IG has a few images of the boot holding up well.
Of course, MrDV has such a sweet collection of grail boots and shoes that I could appreciate the inclination to handle the collection more delicately than some.
For the sake of my obsessiveness, I keep a shoe brush in the work bag so there can be ad hoc brushing whenever my shells get hit with rain, hail, snow or mud. Of course, there's also leather defender...
For me I don't consider if the shoe / boot calf or shell when it comes to rain.
For me it's about the sole
If it's a normal work day and my walk is car to office, I'll wear whatever.
If it's raining, and I know I'll be walking on concrete I'm putting on a commando sole, be it shell or CXL, doesn't matter.
I want to wear them and have them look like nice lived in shoes, when they are pristine, I'm not really a big fan of the look... The Indy's from the other day were really well worn, I'm not sure I could let a pair of mine get to that point.
I always travel with a shoe brush, horn and microfiber polishing cloth (and trees). I generally do not bring defender or a conditioner on short 3-4 day trips
BNpost #80330 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:35am3/16 is the mark for both length and width to increase sometimes that is really 1/8 depending on the stitcher
Thanks for the insight guys I plan to see how far off the ball of my foot will land
Also is the Zug Grain MTO boot happeningpost #80331 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:40ampost #80332 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:41ampost #80333 of 1224165/1/14 at 8:43ampost #80334 of 1224165/1/14 at 9:38ampost #80335 of 1224165/1/14 at 9:43ampost #80336 of 1224165/1/14 at 9:44ampost #80337 of 1224165/1/14 at 10:04ampost #80338 of 1224165/1/14 at 10:05ampost #80339 of 1224165/1/14 at 10:06ampost #80340 of 1224165/1/14 at 10:09am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1196 Active Users (130 Members and 1066 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 15 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 33 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 40 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 44 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 45 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...