Appreciate it guys. The Barrie in D width is a bit tight for me so trying to figure out if this shoe would work as I believe JCrew doesn't do E width. Is the perf cap toe boot available in different widths anywhere else?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/17 at 9:11am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5354post #80296 of 1224165/1/14 at 3:54ampost #80297 of 1224165/1/14 at 3:57ampost #80298 of 1224165/1/14 at 4:10ampost #80299 of 1224165/1/14 at 4:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Steel28Quote:
these are my first boots on Barrie last but comparing to my Barrie lasted shoes, yes they fit a bit tighter. But the fit is perfect. Also 270 welt looks and feels much sleeker.
Any comparison shots of the two welts? I don't think I know the difference visually. I've only heard of 360.post #80300 of 1224165/1/14 at 4:54amQuote:
For example, the 2210 has a flat 270 degree welt (also called "closed heel"), whereas the 986 has a flat 360 degree welt. The welt is closer to the upper with the 2210, and there is no stitching.post #80301 of 1224165/1/14 at 5:05ampost #80302 of 1224165/1/14 at 5:13ampost #80303 of 1224165/1/14 at 5:18ampost #80304 of 1224165/1/14 at 5:20ampost #80305 of 1224165/1/14 at 5:20amQuote:Originally Posted by rexet
I already bought them few weeks ago. At the store I have been told that they are Aberdeen last but they were not sure. Few days later I tried the same boots in the exact same siez at JCrew and the fit was totally different and they told me that they were Aberdeen last too. I was just trying to figure out if my Cordovan boots from citishoes are really an Aberdeen last.
The 4060 is definitely on Grant.
The JCrew PCT boot is on Barrie.
Neither is Aberdeen.
You may have been misled.post #80306 of 1224165/1/14 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by rexet
I already bought them few weeks ago. At the store I have been told that they are Aberdeen last but they were not sure. Few days later I tried the same boots in the exact same siez at JCrew and the fit was totally different and they told me that they were Aberdeen last too. I was just trying to figure out if my Cordovan boots from citishoes are really an Aberdeen last.post #80307 of 1224165/1/14 at 6:06amQuote:
PD put perfect example below.
cheerspost #80308 of 1224165/1/14 at 6:06ampost #80309 of 1224165/1/14 at 6:14amQuote:
I am planning to wear my upcoming Leffor tankers in every weather condition, hopefully in a few years they look like the cordovan Indys from last week that someone posted that were beat up in the most beautiful kind of way.post #80310 of 1224165/1/14 at 6:45amQuote:
I am just finishing a business trip to (ironically) Columbus Ohio - the weather called for Rain, I brought two pairs of shoes, the Whiskey Short Wings, and the Context Tankers TO wear in the rain!
I'm with you on this one, this isn't paper mâché we're talking about.....
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › SANTONI LACE-UPS UNISEX SHOES 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 19 minutes ago
- › What is the best selvage with similar fit to jcrew 484 with no... 22 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...