Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAldentagged by SYSTEM, 7/31/11
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukkatagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/23/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11More
- topicShell Cordovantagged by violethour1951, 5/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on Today at 11:44 am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 11/4/16 at 11:41am in Classic Menswear
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- BNIB First Quality Alden Shell Cordovan 2145 9.5D $385 Last post on 4/15/11 at 2:53pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The ultimate shoe collection clearance, sizes 8-9½US, Alden, Vass, cordovan etc. Last post on 4/10/11 at 10:55am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 5328post #79906 of 1224164/28/14 at 8:40ampost #79907 of 1224164/28/14 at 8:41amQuote:Originally Posted by sevenfoldtieguy
IMO, There are a few things at work in acquiring rare make-ups and exotic colors:
2. An established relationship with certain retailers.
3. Willingness to pull the trigger immediately if the opportunity presents itself.
Plenty of guys have stories of missed opportunities due to a lack of no.3.
Except for my 4x4 #4 and whiskey Indy, all of my rare shell has been due to #1 and #3.
Speaking of luck, both pairs of my #4 happened when I was in Las Vegas.
For the 4x4's, I turned on my phone after the plane landed and saw a message stating they were available.
I replied before we got to the gate.
For the #4 captoes, I was lounging by the pool at the Cosmo and browsing SF and saw the chatter about them being available at Shoe Mart.
I didn't think they were actually available until I got a tracking number and was able to track them. That's been my biggest win in Vegas.
Since you can't control luck, you really have to be ready to pull the trigger.post #79908 of 1224164/28/14 at 9:06ampost #79909 of 1224164/28/14 at 9:08ampost #79910 of 1224164/28/14 at 9:44ampost #79911 of 1224164/28/14 at 9:47amQuote:Originally Posted by sazon
Leffot antique edge 975s today
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Lookin' good, Saz. Might have to break mine out tomorrow, now, since it'll be raining and I won't be cycling to work.post #79912 of 1224164/28/14 at 9:50ampost #79913 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:11ampost #79914 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:17ampost #79915 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by Shanil
A huge thank you to the SF member who put up the links for the BB Alden suede makeups on discount a couple of weeks ago! I've wanted an Alden suede makeup for a long time but always cringed at the price tag, overpriced in my mind compared to other options on the board. I was more than happy to snag this interesting makeup 30% off.
I do love the look of these. I have to keep an eye out for something similar in snuff.post #79916 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:19ampost #79917 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:25ampost #79918 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:27ampost #79919 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:34ampost #79920 of 1224164/28/14 at 11:39am
This thread is locked
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 19 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 58 seconds ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 11 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...